I am new to ADF and JDeveloper. I need to work on RichTextEditor. Can anyone please help me in this?
I need to know the following:
1. What should be the DB datatype that should match with RichTextEditor?
2. How the data should be saved in DB(binary or any other format and where this conversion should happen)?
3. Can we save pictures also in this field? If so, how to map this to DB?
4. Any other necessary information that can be useful while working with RichTextEditor.
Have a look at this blog post http://technology.amis.nl/2007/10/06/adf-faces-11g-rich-text-editor-editing-wysiwyg-html-text-in-jsf-web-applications/
It looks like the answers are as follows
1. The value seems to bind to java.lang.String so you may get away with just a varchar2 if the text/markup returned is less than 4000 chars, otherwise you will need to find a way to split the values or store it in a blob
2. This depends on the limitations described above. If you need to store a blob, have a look at this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/862355/overcomplicated-oracle-jdbc-blob-handling
3. No, the RichTextEditor doesn't support embedding of images.
4. Avoid BLOBs :-)