8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 1:26 PM by Betty Rehl-Oracle RSS

Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g

Hi

What's the safest way to migrate the contribution folder structure from 10g to 11g?

Regards
      Adrian
        • 1. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
          ryan sullivan2
          Is the question about migrating from Folders_g to FrameworkFolders? 10g to 11g isn't much to worry about. You should be able to use standard migration methods to go from 10g Folders_g to 11g Folders_g, but you'll need to migrate if you're going from Folders_g to Framework Folders.

To migrate from g to Framework, you can follow the supplied documentation:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e10792/c08_migration.htm#CJHBCDGJ

it's quite good.

There are some gotchas that you might run into due to the differences in folder meta that's exposed, e.g., the folder's release date isn't exposed through the front-end anymore, so if you have a date attached to a folder, it'll propagate to the sub-content (if prop is enabled). in order to clear that value, you'll have to hit the db to purge.

Have you run into any issues with your migration attempts?

-ryan
          • 2. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
            Srinath Menon-Oracle
            Hi ,

If you are looking to migrate Folders alone or Folders and it's contents then the suggested way would be using Folder Structure Archive component . This has capability to move over folder structure alone or the entire folder + contents (including table data) .

All that you would need to do is to navigate to Administration - Folder Structure Archive - Select a new collection name - select the folders that need to be moved and save.

Then open Archiver applet - select the archive name created in the previous step and export .

From the target server point to this archive collection and import , that will move the folder and it's sub-folders / contents to the new one .

More details on the configuration and it's functionality can be read from : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e10792/c08_migration.htm#CHDIIJBH

If you want to move only the folder structure then navigate to UCM UI - Administration - Folder Administration - Export Archive .

This will create a hda file , which can then be uploaded to Target server from same menu option .

Hope this helps .

Thanks,
            Srinath
            • 3. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
              0c3906cf-0b37-4d08-865f-f3c68d413397

Hey Ryan,

I am going to migrate from g to framework folder for first time. Im afraid how its going to impact my dynamic list on region of my sitestudio page where i query based on xCollectionId parameter.

Could you tell me, if xCollectionId is going to completely replaced with fParentGUID if so..how to change query for this in 100 of CDf files?

• 4. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
                Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi ,

It would be fFolderGUID which would replace xCollectionID .

Thanks,

Srinath

• 5. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
                  0c3906cf-0b37-4d08-865f-f3c68d413397

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for reply. Im thinking of changing query in all CDF files... they are 1000 in numbers.

Is there any way I can replace xCollectionID to fParentGUID or xParentFolders metadata without manually changing each n every query ?

• 6. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
                    Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi ,

I am not sure if there would be a way to handle this kind of scenario . Had these been metadata , archiver could have been used to mass update all the values . In this case each and every data file is having collection id as part of the query , which I don't think can be done from UCM server side .

Thanks,

Srinath

• 7. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g

Hi Ryan,

We are Migrating from UCM 10G to 11G, till now we used Folder Archive Configuration for migrating Folders from one 10G instance to other. As per our requirement we are going to  use FrameworkFolders. From the link you specified, they provided steps to make use of "Folder Migration", but we are unable to see that option in our 10G instance in Administration. We even tried adding ShowFolderMigrationMenu=1 variable in config.cfg file as specified but still we are unable to see. This is very crucial for us, Please let me know how to see and make use of Folder Migration to migrate Folders to 11G. Appreciate your help on this. Thank you

Thanks,

Ashok

• 8. Re: Contribution folders: Migrate from 10g to 11g
                        Betty Rehl-Oracle

You will only see the Migration Page on an 11g server.  You will have to do the following:

1. Enable Folders_g on the 11g server and restart the managed server.

2. Move the Folders_g folder hierarchy from the 10g server to the 11g server.  This can be done with FolderStructureArchive or simply by using the Folder Export / Folder Import functionality on the Folder Administration page.

3. Enable Framework Folders on the 11g server and restart the managed server.  You can have both Framework Folders and Folders_g enabled during the migration process, even though you'll see the warning message in the browser.

4. Migrate the Folders_g folders to Framework Folders by using the Migration Administration page.

Betty R - Oracle