3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 6:09 AM by Sushant Sharma

How To Set Default Value for LOV in Advanced Search By Personalization

User8438572-Oracle
      Hi Experts,
      I have a customer requirement to set default value for an lov in Advanced Search.
      By Personalization, I tried to set the initial value. But, it does not work.

The same is working for LOV in Simple Search by personalization.

Could someone help me on this issue.
      Is there any restriction over setting the default value of LOV in advanced search ?

Thanks,
      Kiran.
        • 1. Re: How To Set Default Value for LOV in Advanced Search By Personalization
          Sushant Sharma
          Hi,

If you are not able to perform this thru personalization, then write the logic in controller class.
          Get the handle of LOV field using its Id in PR method of your controller. After this, set the default value you want to the LOV in the same PR method.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
          • 2. Re: How To Set Default Value for LOV in Advanced Search By Personalization
            User8438572-Oracle
            Hi Sushant,
            Customer want to achieve this through Personalization. In seeded code, We don't want to default a value.
            This is a single customer requirement.

So, I just want to know whether there is a rule that LOV in Advances Search cannot be defaulted.
            If so, I can convey the same to customer.

Thanks,
            Kiran.
            • 3. Re: How To Set Default Value for LOV in Advanced Search By Personalization
              Sushant Sharma
              Hi,

I dont know if this is possibe thru personalization but you can extend the controller to do the same.

--Sushant