4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 8:49 AM by Christian Erlinger RSS

Forms Dev 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) Crashing on Windows 8 while opening a form.

user10892984
      Sir,
      I've installed Oracle Developer suite 10gR2(Version 10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 8.
      Sometimes it's crashing while opening a .fmb but for others .fmb working fine.

please tell me the solution.
        • 1. Re: Forms Dev 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) Crashing on Windows 8 while opening a form.
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
          Are you aware that Forms 10 was desupported long before Win8 was released? Were you also not aware that Forms/Reports 10 is hardly even supported to be installed on Win7? There are various reasons why this version won't work correctly on Win8, but if you feel that you want to make it work your best chance of doing this would be to follow MyOracleSupport note 559067.1. This note explains how to install 10.1.2.3 on Win7.

Also, for everyone's benefit... at this time, no Forms/Reports versions are supported on Windows 8 or Windows 2012. For the latest certification information be sure to follow each product version's Certification Guide:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html
          • 2. Re: Forms Dev 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) Crashing on Windows 8 while opening a form.
            user10892984
            But I've created many forms those are running smoothly. I am fetching this problem only in 3 .fmb while opening them.
            Can you tell me why some .fmb working and why some .fmb not working?

It should not work totally If it's not supported in Windows 8.
            Now My question why it's working partially.
            • 3. Re: Forms Dev 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) Crashing on Windows 8 while opening a form.
              Michael Ferrante-Oracle
              Your statement about "it should totally not work" is not true. You will find that trying to use 10.1.2.0 on Win7 or Win8 will work for some things but fail for others. As I mentioned, your best chance for success will be to follow the instructions provided in the MyOracleSupport document I mentioned. If you do not have access to MOS, you will not be able to access the document.

Since version 10 is not certified to be used on Win8, I will not be commenting further as I do not recommend using this old (desupported) product on a brand new OS. Even if you get are able to make it appear as if it is working, you will likely experience other issues as you go forward.
              • 4. Re: Forms Dev 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) Crashing on Windows 8 while opening a form.
                Christian Erlinger
                Do the forms crashing the forms builder have compile errors? There is a patch for developer suite solving a problem which crashes the forms builder when opening a form with compile errors under windows vista; I had the very same problem on windows 7 and as windows 8 and windows 7 are not that different you might hit that problem too. Search on MOS for the patch.
                Note that this might not only be caused by code in the form itself but also by invalid database procedures etc.

cheers