This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 6:49 AM by onedbguru RSS

SSH connectivity

979251 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
when i click on setup while configuring the SSH connectivity between my two node grid infrastructre it says

successfully established passwordless SSH connectivity between the selected nodes

but when i click on test it says [INS-06006]passwordless connectivity cannot set up between these two nodes

Please help in this regards as i am stuck here
  • 1. Re: SSH connectivity
    Niket Kumar Pro
    check this link to manually setup ssh connectivity...
    also post your db version and os version

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/oracle-db-11gr1-rac-installation-on-ol5-using-vmware.php
  • 2. Re: SSH connectivity
    979251 Newbie
    my os is suse linux enterprise 11 and Oracle Grid 11.2

can you please tell me why is this happened as it was already setup SSH before failing at test?

i was successfully setup the ssh connectivity between two nodes but failed at test

document link which i followed is

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/oracle-db-11gr2-rac-installation-on-ol5-using-vmware-server-2.php
  • 3. Re: SSH connectivity
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Hi

When you are installing Grid Infrastructure  "Cluster Node Information" Tab

You have to enter the following information :

1. HostName :
    2. Virtual IP Name :

a. Use the Edit and Add buttons to specify the node names and virtual IP addresses you configured previously in your /etc/hosts file.

b. Use the 'SSH Connectivity' button to configure/test the passwordless SSH connectivity between your nodes.

c. Type in the OS password for the user 'grid' and press 'Setup'

It will setup the SSH

Thanks
    LaserSoft
  • 4. Re: SSH connectivity
    onedbguru Pro
    If you are having this issue, then check to make sure the users and groups are using the same uid/gid and the home directories point to an identical paths for $HOME and $GRID_HOME and $ORACLE_HOME as well as the permissions are identical. The grid/oracle users must also have the same password.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points