2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 4:11 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Hey experts, need your recommendation on Hardware Infrastructure for PT 8.5

user10656964
      Hi,

One of my clients asked me to recommend Hardware Infrastructure details for the following load/traffic

1.Development Environment: 100-300+ concurrent connection (Work station connections)
      2.Prod Server : 20,000+ End user concurrent connections (web connections)

Recommending amazon services is good option?

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: Hey experts, need your recommendation on Hardware Infrastructure for PT 8.5
          Michel
          In what country are you based?

These numbers aren't enough to make a solid recommendation on hardware. Which PeopleSoft/PeopleTools version do they plan on using (Campus, HRMS, Finance etc. PeopleTools 8.51, 8.52 etc.). What functionality do they plan on using?
          • 2. Re: Hey experts, need your recommendation on Hardware Infrastructure for PT 8.5
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            user10656964 wrote:
            1.Development Environment: 100-300+ concurrent connection (Work station connections)
            Whether you may have 100-300 developpers, which seems to me quite high, are you really sure you'll have simultaneous 100-300+ developpers onto the database ? And are you sure they will all develop onto the same database (would be strange to me) ?
            2.Prod Server : 20,000+ End user concurrent connections (web connections)
            Same question, whether you may have 20,000 end users, are you really sure they all will be connected at the same time (simultaneously) ?

Bear in mind, if you have the application available for users around the world, some may sleep when others may work, that dramatically can reduce the simultaneous connections.

Nicolas.