This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 12:56 PM by 902403 RSS

Adf Dvt bar graph zoom/scrolling to given zoom level

902403 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am developing a dashboard, where I need a functionality with bar graph, that will zoom bar graph at particular zoom level while loading.

Please help me, How can I pass zoom level to bar graph to zoom in at loading time?

Thanks,
Jassi
  • 1. Re: Adf Dvt bar graph zoom/scrolling to given zoom level
    VladK Newbie
    Hi,
    Can you add a code snipper as an example for what you trying to accomplish?
  • 2. Re: Adf Dvt bar graph zoom/scrolling to given zoom level
    902403 Newbie
    Thanks Vlad for response,

<dvt:barGraph id="barGraph" subType="BAR_VERT_STACK" shortDesc="Query Result Graph"
    tabularData="#{demo.graphTabularDate}" seriesRolloverBehavior="RB_HIGHLIGHT"
    animationOnDisplay="auto" animationOnDataChange="alphaFade"
    dynamicResize="DYNAMIC_SIZE" imageFormat="AUTO" visualEffects="AUTO"
    binding="#{demo.graph}">

<dvt:o1Axis scrolling="on" /> <!-- *** Here I have implemented zoom to but here I want, when I have lots of bar in graph then my graph loads with some initial zoom level or with max zoom***-->

<dvt:legendArea scrolling="asNeeded" automaticPlacement="AP_NEVER" position="LAP_RIGHT" />
    <dvt:o1TickLabel tickLabelSkipMode="TLS_AUTOMATIC"/>
    </dvt:barGraph>
  • 3. Re: Adf Dvt bar graph zoom/scrolling to given zoom level
    VladK Newbie
    Hi,
    Please confirm your use case - ex. a graph with multiple over 50 bars
    You want to programmatically specify the default view that when the user loads the graph, only the first 10 bars are shown, and the rest can be scrolled to view?

Check this
    http://docs.huihoo.com/oracle/middleware/fusion/11g/web.1111/b31973/dv_graph.htm
    24.8.6.1 How to Define a Relative Range of Time Data for Display
    You can define a simple relative range of time data to be displayed, such as the last seven days. This will force old data to scroll off the left edge of the graph as new data points are added to the display of an active data graph. Relative time range specifications are not limited to use in active data graphs.
  • 4. Re: Adf Dvt bar graph zoom/scrolling to given zoom level
    902403 Newbie
    Thanks for help vlad.

But as per of my need our graphs are dynamic graph and its data is changing as per the filter values.
    So when I am having just 4 or 5 bars in the garph then it looks good and easy to understandable.

But some times it has 50 to 100 bars then its hard to read and understand it.
    Adf DVT components are providing scroll option, but we have to manually zoom into the graph for making graph readable.
    So we want to zoom it by default programmatically, so that it loads in readable format and no need to do manually zoom.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points