1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 11:57 PM by Kiran Pawar RSS

How to Freeze Headers of tabular report and Forms - and Column Alignment

I have executed the solution listed in the following thread in my tabular form.
      Re: How to freeze Headers of tabuar report and Forms in APEX 4.1

This works pretty well in my tabular form, but I do have a question and was wondering if the forum users can shed some light.

The tabular form has some display only fields and some editable fields. For example, columns A - G are display only fields (Display as Text - escape special characters, does not save state) and other fields that come after are editable. When there is data in the display only filed, every thing looks fine - column headers are aligned with the tabular form column data. But when there is no data in, one or more of, these display only fields, the tabular form columns/data shift to the left and now the column header does not align with the column data.

Following are the specifics
      Full APEX version - 4.0.2.00.07
      Full DB/version/edition/host OS - 11g
      Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS) - HTTP Server OAS
      Browser(s) and version(s) used - IE 8
      Theme - Sand-10
      Template(s) - was using the Standard Report (then created the one found in the thread listed above and substituted with the new one)
      Region/item type(s) - Chart Region
      Links to related posts and threads (using the methods in the FAQ) - Re: How to freeze Headers of tabuar report and Forms in APEX 4.1

How do I set the column widths so the column header aligns with the column data?

Thanks,
      DP

Edited by: DP on Dec 13, 2012 3:09 PM
        • 1. Re: How to Freeze Headers of tabular report and Forms - and Column Alignment
          Kiran Pawar
          Hello DP,

>
          The tabular form has some display only fields and some editable fields. For example, columns A - G are display only fields (Display as Text - escape special characters, does not save state) and other fields that come after are editable. When there is data in the display only filed, every thing looks fine - column headers are aligned with the tabular form column data. But when there is no data in, one or more of, these display only fields, the tabular form columns/data shift to the left and now the column header does not align with the column data.

Full APEX version - 4.0.2.00.07
          Browser(s) and version(s) used - IE 8

How do I set the column widths so the column header aligns with the column data?
          >

As right now I don't have the APEX and browser versions mentioned, I will set up the environment and look for the issue faced by you.

Regards,
          Kiran