2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 10:48 AM by DougP RSS

Restore deleted reporting folder

StLanger
      Hi,

is there an easy way to "undelete" a deleted reporting folder with all reports in repository?
      I`ve deleted the folder in workspace, but it was the wrong folder :-(

Is there a kind of recycle bin or something like this?

Thanks for help!!

Version is 11.1.1.3

Edited by: StLanger on Dec 13, 2012 12:24 AM
        • 1. Re: Restore deleted reporting folder
          Jasmine Pauline-Oracle
          All items published/created in Workspace (folders, reports, other files) have their information spread in two locations:

The actual item (for instance, the report itself) is being stored in the %HYPERION_HOME%\BIPlus\data\RM1_ folder
          The meta-data (its actual name, its last modification date, other properties, ...) is stored in the BI repository.

Therefore if you wish to restore a folder or file which has been deleted from Workspace, it will be necessary to restore the environment using backups of both the server's file system AND the BI repository taken before the folder has been deleted.

This implies restoring:
          The server's file system
          The BI repository

Refer: How To Restore a Folder Which Has Been Deleted from Workspace by Mistake? (Doc ID 865984.1) in MOS.

HTH-
          Jasmine.
          • 2. Re: Restore deleted reporting folder
            DougP
            I hope you have a recent backup. Mine are daily for just this reason.

I have a SQL query that I use as part of a weekly backup of the repository to a human-readable folder structure. This can be used to identify the location of the actual file in the \RM1_servername folder. If you restore the database to a development server you can query it to locate only the files you need from the file system backup. Then you can republish just the documents you lost. The drawback of these is they all get new UUID values, breaking any copies of the documents users have saved locally. A better solution may be to restore synchronized copies of your database and file system, but that may mean losing a day (or more?) of work for your whole organization.