This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 1:03 PM by baftos RSS

how to sign multiple jars in my project ?

emrekorkmaz Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have created a project and added 7 jar into library in netbeans. Some of these jasr are signed and some are not signed. I have wrote my codes and built the project. I got my product jar file and the added 7 jars in lib folder in my project folder. I signed my product jar and run this product jar on browser. Then I got mixed code warning that said me the application contains both signed and unsigned codes. I have read http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jweb/mixed_code.html but I could not solve the problem. I think if I can combine these all jars into my product jar and sign this unique jar, I will be able to solve.
Can you help me about this subject ?
Thanks.
  • 1. Re: how to sign multiple jars in my project ?
    baftos Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    I went through this a couple of years ago. I decided to sign all the jars, rather than combining them. My reason was that there was a main code jar and a bunch of resource jars for different languages. Why end up with a huge jar containing English, French, Spanish etc., when only one will be used by a specific user? Anyway, maybe your situation is different, but if you had good reasons to split into many jars in the first place, keep it like this and sign each one of them.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points