5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 3:16 PM by 708631 RSS

Apex report styling

I just installed the apex stand alone listener on a server, it is working and I can access a small document reporting application I made in apex over the network.
      But there is no styling on the page when I access over the network.
      If I access locally it looks great, i tried from multiple browsers over the network and there is no styling regardless of browser.

after researching I found this is something with setting the /images folder to /i/ but im not sure how to do this.

any ideas ?

Edited by: Jay on Dec 13, 2012 9:23 AM
        • 1. Re: Apex report styling
          KeithMalay
          Jay,

What OS are you running Oracle on?
          What version of Oracle (10g, 11g, etc)?
          What version of APEX (4.0, 4.1, etc)?
          Is APEX installed on a server? Or on your local PC?
          You mentioned the APEX Listener. How did you deploy the war file (Tomcat, WebLogic, etc)?

R/,
          Keith Malay
          • 2. Re: Apex report styling
            keith,
            Windows 2003 server
            Oracle 10g
            Application Express 2.1.0.00.39

Apex is installed on this server along with Oracle 10g.

I installed the apex listener on this server also, i deployed the war file via this command.

"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java" -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\apexpatch2\apex.war"

So from my local pc, across the network, I can access a small app in apex on the server by using the computer name like so :

http://computername.domain.com:8080/apex/f?p=100:1:1965476839096971

its accessable but it is not formatted at all, when i access the application on the server it looks great and is formatted.
            It looks like its not accessing the css /javascript files, i think this has to do with creating the i directory. I have tried this but am unsuccessful thus far.
            I tried this :

"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java" -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\apexpatch2\apex.war" static C:\etc\apex\apex /images

then started the listener again, but not change.
            Please feel free to tell me if i am doing something completely wrong.
            thank you.
            • 3. Re: Apex report styling
              KeithMalay
              Jay,

Try adding the explicit image path to the war deployment. Something like....

*"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java" -Dapex.images="C:\etc\apex\apex\images" -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\apexpatch2\apex.war"*

Then test again from remote PC browser to check for images/styling.

Keith Malay
              • 4. Re: Apex report styling
                Ok tried it.
                I shut down listener.
                Ran the command you provided. It started up the listener again.

I accessed apex remotely, still the same issue. App is accessable but not formatted at all.Just a bunch of text on a blank page.
                • 5. Re: Apex report styling
                  its working, i had to play around with the ports.

thanks