3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 4:42 AM by Vedant RSS

Date value in tabular form

Vedant
      Hi,
      I have a date field in my table. On form i have defined text field to enter date into that field entered values like (DDMMYY). its working fine.

Now i have to pass this item value as it is in tabular form corresponding column is date type. It is not accepting the value. How can i pass value of this item into tabular form column as default value.
        • 1. Re: Date value in tabular form
          VC
          Vedant wrote:
          Hi,
          I have a date field in my table. On form i have defined text field to enter date into that field entered values like (DDMMYY). its working fine.
          Why are you using a text field for a date column? should you not use a Date Picker item?
          Now i have to pass this item value as it is in tabular form corresponding column is date type. It is not accepting the value. How can i pass value of this item into tabular form column as default value.
          Are you trying to add a default value into tabular form column based on a form item??
          • 2. Re: Date value in tabular form
            Vedant
            Hi,
            i have defined text item as per client requirement , he want to enter date into text field , don't want to use date picker item.
            When i do edit to the record ,date display like into the :P1_DATE in format of (DDMMYYYY).

:P1_date item value i want to enter into the tabular form's date column.

when i click on add row button of tabular form then date display into tabular form's date column of :P1_DATE.

Thanks & Regards
            Vedant
            • 3. Re: Date value in tabular form
              VC
              Edit your tabular form column > under default section > set the Default Type to PL/SQL Expression or Function > and in Default field add below code
              to_date(::P1_DATE,'DDMMYYYY')
              Please consult the documentation and also search the forum first before posting a new question.

Thanks,
              Vikram