This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 4:55 AM by 910274 RSS

Publishing on startup

910274 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
is there a way to disable implicit republish after Weblogic startup?

The point is that when publishing mode is set to "virtual application", then weblogic always starts up with the current version of application and republishing right after startup does not make sense even if eclipse thinks that republish is needed. Since republishing is pretty long for our project we lose several minutes after each restart and it's very annoying.
  • 1. Re: Publishing on startup
    gstachni Explorer
    There is a setting which controls Automatic Publishing.

In the Servers view, right click your configuration and select Properties.

Expand the WebLogic branch in the Properties window and select the Publishing option.

Set the radio button to Never Publish Automatically

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • 2. Re: Publishing on startup
    910274 Newbie
    I forgot to mention the most important information - I have Automatic publishing turned off (Never publish automatically radio button). Publishing after weblogic startup happens regardles of this setting. Maybe this is a simple bug, so my request for a new feature is invalid...
  • 3. Re: Publishing on startup
    RajAlag Newbie
    Hi,

I will follow up and file a bug if necessary.

Regarding your comment "The point is that when publishing mode is set to "virtual application", then weblogic always starts up with the current version of application " is this because you assume that since the project is being deployed from the file location within the workspace, any change would have previously been deployed to the server ?

it's still possible that between two restarts of OEPE, the server was started outside OEPE and changes made via server console. While this is an edge case, it's still one that the IDE needs to be able to handle.

I will discuss your use case internally and file an enhancement/bug accordingly.

cheers
    Raj
  • 4. Re: Publishing on startup
    910274 Newbie
    Thanks for considering my use case. You are right that I haven't considered significant portion of the deployment activity when saying "weblogic always starts up with current version", I was talking mainly about simple files which are always visible in current version to weblogic without any redeploy although eclipse thinks they need to be redeployed. Since majority of changes in our project is in simple files, I would prefer OEPE to honor Automatic Publishing setting.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points