2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 9:33 PM by user9356976 RSS

OPS center provisioning  Solaris 10 & 11.1 problem

hgnan
      I have created a Solaris 11.1 x86 server and installed Ops Center 12.1.1.2076 fine on it. Next, I try to provisioning solaris 11.1 & 10 for T4-4 server using it . But provisioning solaris 11.1 & 10 are different problems.

problems about provisioning solaris 11.1
      when the template of provisioning solaris11.1 was created, there is no opportunity for me to specify gateway . However I apply the template , error as blow :
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The Deploymentplan execution job failed because the DeploymentProvider OSDeployment for Step
      Provision OS failed to generate tasks for the job: The Network com.sun.hss.domain:name=NORM-
      192.168.2.0_24,type=Network does not have a Gateway specified.Add the appropriate Gateway to
      this network and try agin.. Contact My Oracle Support if the problem persists.(10445)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I should have to specify the target host‘s Gateway ?

problems about provisioning solaris 10

I can successfully provisioning Solairs10 for T4-4 server , but Proxy Controller located on the same subnet as the T4-4 with DHCP services configured. However, the document (Ops Center Provisioning Oracle Solaris 10 Operating System 12c Release 1 (12.1.2.0.0) Part Number E27332-01) written as blows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      " +A Proxy Controller located on the same subnet as the target hosts with DHCP services configured for x86 system.+

+For a Solaris SPARC subtype, you do not need to enable DHCP on the network interface.+ "
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the customer's IT center there are a large number of VLANs.Each VLAN must deploy the Proxy Controller is very difficult. How should I do provisioning OS by wanboot ?