2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 5:22 PM by rp0428

ORA-24381: error(s) in array DML

I'm getting the below error when using the FORALL. Error message is clear but my SELECT statement is NOT returning the NULL value.

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("HUMCUST"."SALESINC_BUILD_ERROR"."HISL_ID")
      ORA-06512: at "HUMCUST.SALESINC_PKG", line 239

Will there be any issues with data storage in Collection during the session ? Please advise.

Thanks,
      Raj
        • 1. Re: ORA-24381: error(s) in array DML
          Yes, error message is clear. You are trying to insert a NULL value into a NOT NULL column in the code that only you can see.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ORA-24381: error(s) in array DML
            >
            I'm getting the below error when using the FORALL. Error message is clear but my SELECT statement is NOT returning the NULL value.

ORA-06512: at "HUMCUST.SALESINC_PKG", line 239
            >
            The error message doesn't say 'Your SELECT is returning a NULL value'. It says
            >
            >
            I can get the same error message with this test code in the scott schema where the DEPT.DEPTNO column is the NOT NULL primary key.
            ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SCOTT"."DEPT"."DEPTNO")
            My query did not contain a NULL value either. But it also doesn't include a value for the DEPTNO column.
            >
            Will there be any issues with data storage in Collection during the session ?
            >
            There can be. Collections use valuable PGA memory so large ones can cause issues.

Snce you don't provide any code or explanation of what you are doing no specific advice can be given other than

Always use SQL whenever possible.
            1 person found this helpful