This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 8:54 AM by ORV RSS

A question to be evaluated

ORV Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm searching for the way that I can implement a question(decision) in ODI to evaluate the values of an interface and depend on the result to do certain actions.

Is there any way to do it this?

Regards.
  • 1. Re: A question to be evaluated
    mRainey Journeyer
    Hi,

I think it would be more useful to evaluate the value of an ODI Variable in either a Package or Load Plan, then do something based on the value. The output of an Interface would most likely be stored in a table, so you could set your variable up to access the Interface target table after it is loaded. Is that what your are after?

Maybe some more context around your requirements would help, if this is not the correct answer.

Regards,
    Michael Rainey
  • 2. Re: A question to be evaluated
    ORV Newbie
    Hi Michael

The context is that I need to evaluated if a execution of ODI scenario was made today, if the execution was made the execution of the package must be finished but.
    In case that this scenario was not executed so it must be executed.

So I do not know the way to evaluate the variable in a package. In which manner I could do this?

Thanks in advance.
  • 3. Re: A question to be evaluated
    SutirthaRoy Guru
    ORV wrote:
    Hi Michael

The context is that I need to evaluated if a execution of ODI scenario was made today, if the execution was made the execution of the package must be finished but.
    In case that this scenario was not executed so it must be executed.

So I do not know the way to evaluate the variable in a package. In which manner I could do this?

1. Create a variable with the following query

select count(1) from odi_work.SNP_SESSION where sess_name='<your scenario name>'
    and trunc(sess_beg)=trunc(sysdate) and sess_status='D'

2. Select the logical schema as your ODI work repository schema fro the above variable.

3. In your package drag and drop this variable twice.

4. Firstly refresh the variable.

5. Then evaluate this variable and check if its value is greater than 0 ( > 0)

6. If true then do nothing , your package execution will end

7. If false (i.e. variable value =0) then execute your scenario
    Thanks in advance.
  • 4. Re: A question to be evaluated
    ORV Newbie
    Thanks Michael.

Do you know why I can not reverse the tables(SNP_SESSION, SNP_STEP_LOG) that are in the work repository ?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points