This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 1:37 AM by pbell RSS

Beehive Workspace Calendar Events in Thunderbird - Feature problem.

Mike.Turner Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a workspace setup for my manager and peers. The main feature we use collaboratively is the Workspace Calendar, which we can all access and view, to see when each of us will be out of the office, etc.

Outlook users can put an event in the Team Workspace Calendar and it will simply show up in the calendar. Thunderbird users do the same, and it automatically sends a meeting invite out to everyone on the workspace participant list. The participants that are accessing the WS calendar by way of Thunderbird/Lightning do not want to have meeting invites sent out every time they mark down their vacation time, dr. appts., etc. on the WS Calendar.

1) Is there an option in Thunderbird/Lightning that will allow the user to NOT send a meeting invite?
2) If this is a known issue, is anything being done about it? It's really, really annoying.
  • 1. Re: Beehive Workspace Calendar Events in Thunderbird - Feature problem.
    pbell Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

I agree this can be annoying but If I remember correctly the way around it is to add the vacation to your calendar and then to invite the Workspace via the Workspace email address. This should add an entry into the Workspace calendar but not propagate to the members.

Try that approach. If the Workspace does not have an email address you can create one on the fly, as long as it is unique in the system, via the Settings page.

Phil

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points