This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 2:34 PM by opthomas RSS

File Adapter issue

opthomas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have SOA Suite deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I have a FileAdapter set up to read files from a shared directory. However when I first start the composite it will read files from the directory but then refuses to read any new files.

1. We have created a domain user that has full access to all files and folders in the share
2. The same domain user is being used to start SOA Suite

Any ideas?

Thanks

Owen
  • 1. Re: File Adapter issue
    AbhishekJ Pro
    Is your domain clustered?
    Are you using eis/HAFileAdapter instead of eis/FileAdapter connection factory?
    The new files which the composite does not process, do they have same name as the old files which were processed?

Check out this thread for a similar issue.
    Re: File adapter: File with same file name is not picked up twice
  • 2. Re: File Adapter issue
    opthomas Newbie
    Domain is not clustered and I am using standard file Adapter not HA.

If I change the directory to a local drive it all works without any issues.

The user used to start SOA Suite is a Domain account which should have access to that directory - I can see the files on the drive and create new files in there.
  • 3. Re: File Adapter issue
    vladodias Guru
    Hi,

Documentation states "Only files with modification dates more recent than the last processed file are retrieved."...
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/integration.1111/e10231/adptr_file.htm#BABEEHIJ

That may be applying in your environment... It can also may be linked to delete/archive files on retrieval configuration...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 4. Re: File Adapter issue
    opthomas Newbie
    There's a problem with deleting files from a file share

If I don't select the Archive & Delete functionality when configuring the adapter all files in the directory are processed correctly. However they do remain in the directory so there is a risk if some updates any of the files that they could be processed again.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points