4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 7:06 AM by Kunal Sharma RSS

OPA Launch error due to invalid value in Siebel regex error

Kunal Sharma
      Hi All,

Consider OPA launch from Siebel if there are 1000 attribute's on global and out of these 1000's 300 have a regular expression check if for one of the attribute in Siebel database value does not fit into reg-ex criteria OPA launch will fail. but logs won't reveal for which value OPA launch has failed. How will I be able to find out the Column Public name or field which has invalid value in OPA.

Thanks,
      Kunal Sharma
        • 1. Re: OPA Launch error due to invalid value in Siebel regex error
          Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
          The regexp check is susposed to be when users are entering data via the UI only. I would strongly suggest that you not use this level of validation if the data is coming from Siebel (and it could possibly be invalid).

I would suggest that you use warning events in your rulebase to do these sort of checks.
          • 2. Re: OPA Launch error due to invalid value in Siebel regex error
            Kunal Sharma
            Hi

Thanks for the reply. But How can i use a warning even to check whether a person has entered an valid email address or not or the person has entered a valid telephone number or not. The scenario I am speaking is of when the same form is used in OPA to create new records in Siebel as well as Siebel may contain migrated data In case Siebel has migrated data The data that has been migrated from older application may contain invalid value. also warning events have a major drawback as the error given by such events are allways at the top of the page it does not point out clearly due to which control error has occured. as in case of regex error is shown just above the control and the control is clearly spotted even if I user BeforeSubmitEventHandler to validate the date though I may be checking for one control I cannot raise an error for this control. as there is no association of control with raise error If there would have been some raise error function which would have accepted control as a input and showed this error against that control I am much happy to use what you stated.

Regards
            Kunal Sharma
            • 3. Re: OPA Launch error due to invalid value in Siebel regex error
              Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
              Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the system. When you put input validation on an attribute that validation is invoked when those attributes are loaded from Siebel.
              • 4. Re: OPA Launch error due to invalid value in Siebel regex error
                Kunal Sharma
                Hi Frank,

Thanks for reply the limitaion is not that system validates the data befor picking up from Siebel. That is a good thing we need to ensure we get proper data whenevr we try to launch form but the greatest limitation is that it does not provide the public name due to which form launch is failing even in the application logs. If it would have provided the public name atleast person could have gone and rectified the data to fit in regex criteria. I am here pointing out the limitation of logging not that Why application is checking data.
                I am happy that application validates it but I am not happy that application does not tell me why it is failing.
                Thanks,

However you can generate the reprt of attributes containing regex by copying properties file changing the extention to xml opening it in excel and using filter to see what attributes have regex after that you can make corresponding SQL queries to point out which column contains incorrect data and maybe you can ven clean it using SQL.

Kunal Sharma
                < telephone number removed by moderator >
                (that's bad form - you'll get spam calls for all Eternity)