3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2012 4:05 AM by 879338 RSS

managing icons of new/edit/refresh on inline edit mode of content presenter

I have a content presenter, which shows content from ucm. I have enabled in-context editing and I can see new/edit/refresh icon if I press ctrl+shift+c. I want to remove new icon. I also want to provide a new icon to archive content. On click of that icon I want to run my custom code written in bean.

So my question is there anything to disable new/edit/refresh features.
      How would I add my icon (link) in this list?

Thanks
      Sanjeev
        • 1. Re: managing icons of new/edit/refresh on inline edit mode of content presenter
          Hi, I am stuck with this.

Content presenter is showing 'New', 'Edit' and 'Refresh' icon when page is in edit mode.

I want to hide 'New' icon and also want to show my 'delete' icon after framework provided 'Edit' icon. I would like to call my ridc api on delete icon. Is there any way to achieve it?

I tried putting 'delete' icon in template but it appears below refresh icon. I want to make it in same line as other icons.

I am also fine if there is a way to hide all framework provided icons. I would create my own.

Thanks
          Sanjeev
          • 2. Re: managing icons of new/edit/refresh on inline edit mode of content presenter
            Jaap Spiering
            You could probably achive this by customizing the Content Presenter task flow. Have a read here:
            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25178_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_taskflows.htm

in presenterSingleView.jsff you'll find the af:toolbar these buttons are a part of. By customizing this task flow you can remove existing buttons or add your own (combined with your own managed beans etc) to achieve the desired functionality.
            • 3. Re: managing icons of new/edit/refresh on inline edit mode of content presenter
              Thank you for your suggestion. Seems like customization is most recommended approach here.

I am thinking of a workaround here. Can you please suggest if its ok?

I would make my template list templates, even if it needs to show single content. Inside list template, I would use iterator as usual to show that single content. I am sure with list template, content-presenter does not show 'New/Edit/Refresh' links.

Inside iterator I can put my own links.

Do you see any problem with this approach?

Thanks
              Sanjeev