2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 9:33 PM by Ravindra D-Oracle RSS

Velocity Macros

Kunal Sharma
      Hi All,

Often we change a lot of things in velocity macros files such as question_screen.vm do we have any IDE that can store the history and let us properly manage these changes. What are the recomendations of changing velocity maco and what should not be done

Thanks,
      kunal Sharma
        • 1. Re: Velocity Macros
          Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
          Kunal Sharma wrote:
          Hi All,

Often we change a lot of things in velocity macros files such as question_screen.vm do we have any IDE that can store the history and let us properly manage these changes.
          There isn't really an ide that can help you with this process. What you need is a good text editor. If you need to track history I would consider putting the velocity macros (and probably the entire OPM project) in a source code control respository such as SVN.

What are the recomendations of changing velocity maco and what should not be done
          I would suggest the following:
          - keep the changes as simple as possible (obvious I guess)
          - data in the InterviewSession is meant to be displayed. If possible, limit yourself to only access data from there.
          - only use templates for display, never execute method that would change underlying data.

Edited by: frank.hampshire on Jan 30, 2013 1:36 PM
          • 2. Re: Velocity Macros
            Ravindra D-Oracle
            the best way to do it is set up an eclipse workspace and then use local history to track changes.
            you may also be interested in downloading the velocity plugin for eclipse.
            plus you can test your custom control/handler changes on the fly, if you configure the server.