3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 3:12 AM by Sachin Bhadauria RSS

OEM 12c agent install on windows server 2008

I'm trying to do a silent installation of the linux x86-64 agent software. I've done:

%OMS_HOME%/bin/emcli login -username=sysman -password=<password>
      %OMS_HOME%/bin/emcli sync
      %OMS_HOME%/bin/emcli get_supported_platforms

These were are successful. However I am having issues running:

%OMS_HOME%/bin/emcli get_agentimage -destination=c:\temp -platform="Linux x86-64" -version=12.1.0.2.0
      Platform:Linux x86-64
      Destination:c:\temp
      === Partition Detail ===
      Space free : 31 GB
      Space required : 1 GB
      Check the logs at get_agentimage_2012-12-19_09-35-58-AM.log
      Pushing of agent image with plugins and oneoffs has failed.

In that log file:
      Platform:Linux x86-64
      Version:12.1.0.2.0
      Destination:C:/temp
      Getting Agent Image ...
      Getting Platforms list ...
      Called the method getAllAgentCoreShiphomesList()...
      List platform:Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
      Arg platform:Linux x86-64
      List platform:Linux x86
      List platform:HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
      List platform:HP-UX Itanium
      List platform:IBM S/390 Based Linux (31-bit)
      List platform:IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
      List platform:Linux x86-64
      its equal...
      platformShortName =linux_x64
      platformID =226
      List platform:IBM: Linux on POWER Systems
      List platform:Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
      List platform:Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
      List platform:Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
      List platform:IBM: Linux on System z
      Platform Short Name:linux_x64
      Platform ID:226
      Agent Image Name:12.1.0.2.0_AgentCore_226.zip
      Image doesnt exist for this platform:Linux x86-64 and version:12.1.0.2.0

In the c:\temp directory I have downloaded the agent software 12.1.0.2.0_AgentCore_226.zip. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried unzipping this, deleting it, switching directories. I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid, but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks.

ETA: I think I found my problem. I only downloaded the linux x86-64 binaries (12.1.0.2 Agent zip for Linux x86-64 (233,396,034 bytes, cksum 3827353588)). Do I need to download the entire Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (em12cr2_linux64_disk1.zip, em12cr2_linux64_disk2.zip, em12cr2_linux64_disk3.zip)?

Edited by: 805128 on Dec 19, 2012 9:58 AM
        • 1. Re: OEM 12c agent install on windows server 2008
          Akanksha Sheoran Kaler-Oracle
          you dont have to download any agent binaries from OTN for agent deployment. Use self update feature of em 12c to get the agent binaries :http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/self_update.htm#BEJHBBEI

follow the steps or refer to befoe you begin section from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/install_agent_usng_rsp.htm#CEGGACJE
          • 2. Re: OEM 12c agent install on windows server 2008
            That is where I'm having the problem. I can't get the self update to work, because I keep getting timed out... I know it has something to do with my proxy server. This server doesn't have access to the internet, but has all of *oracle.com websites available to it.  So basically I was trying to find a way around using that self update...  Every time I test the https://updates.oracle.com link in the proxy settings in OEM.  It says the test succedded, but when I try to update my credentials for MOS, I keep getting timed out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
            • 3. Re: OEM 12c agent install on windows server 2008
              Sachin Bhadauria
              hi,

you can update your software library using offline mode.
              follow these steps:
              1: Navigate to setup->proxy settings
              2: Select tab offline/online and make it offline save and exit.
              3: now go to setup->patches & update and click update library
              it will give you a link and steps need to follow further to update software library offline.(i.e. download the file ,copy to oms,and update oms)
              4: now you can see all available agents now select agent you want to install and click update
              5: again you will get the link to download the agent and steps to update it in oms.
              6: now you can see that agent selected is now downloaded to you library now apply that to oms.

now you can get that agent image via emcli but make sure that you are running emcli from correct home!!!!

Have fun!!!!!

Regards,
              Sachin Bhadauria