This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 8:51 PM by AdeeshFulay RSS

emcli: check_mp not a recognized command?

EdSpn Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have just installed the Extensibility Development Kit (EDK 12cR2) on my Win laptop, and am currently studying the Management Plug-in Tutorial.
It tells me:
The PDK "check_mp" tool verifies that the target type definition file and default collection file for an MP have correct XML syntax and validates them against their DTD files. The "check_mp" tool also performs some semantic checking to report possible problems.
However, this verb (check_mp) is not recognized and also does not appear in the emcli help output?!
C:\Users\abc\Downloads\Oracle>emcli check_mp
Error: The command name "check_mp" is not a recognized command.
Run the "help" command for a list of recognized commands.
You may also need to run the "sync" command to synchronize with the current OMS.>

Any suggestions why this is happening much appreciated.

Regards,
Ed
  • 1. Re: emcli: check_mp not a recognized command?
    EdSpn Newbie
    Follow up:

I am going to assume it has been replaced by empdk validate_plugin, as shown in the Extensibility Programmer's Reference, page 13-6.

Additional advantage: my client ‘gets’ it too :-)
    C:\Users\abc\Downloads\Oracle>empdk validate_plugin
    validate_plugin command usage:

empdk validate_plugin -stage_dir <staging directory>
    [-tmp_dir <temporary working location>]
    [-out_dir <output directory>]
    [-format (html|text|csv|xml)]
    [-conn_desc <Connect descriptor to em repository>]
    [-repos_user <EM repository owner>]
    [-debug [<file to output debug information>]]
    -tmp_dir : Specify some existing directory else will give error. If not specified then out directory will be used for temp location.
    -out_dir : by default report file will be generated in the current directory
    -debug :Specify some file name where you want to store the debug information. if not specified the default log file (validateplugin.log<time>) will be created in the out directory and will store only warning and error message. if specified then it will store all the debugging information to that log file
    -format : If format is not specified, it defaults to text.
    -validationType : If validationType is not specified validation of all types are performed.
    -conn_desc, -repos_user: If -validationType option has one of sql,all or -validationType is not specified, then these are mandatory.

C:\Users\abc\Downloads\Oracle>>

Regards,
    Ed
  • 2. Re: emcli: check_mp not a recognized command?
    AdeeshFulay Explorer
    That's right. It has been replaced by empdk validate_plugin.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points