This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 3:08 PM by BillW RSS

OEM 12c Installation Failing, seeking help

BillW Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings,

I am in the process of trying to install OEM 12c using the 2-System approach. Our current production system is hosted on an old server which needs to be replaced. Because of platform differences, the source is SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490 and the target is Linux 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Nov 6 04:38:29 EST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am restricted to using datapump export/import to migrate the data.

This is turning out to be problematic in that I am unable to get a consistent export thus some constraints are not being created in the target. The installation process fails when it attempts to drop the non-existent constraints. It does not recover nicely, it just fails instead. I have tried setting the FLASHBACK_SCN parameter on export but end up with many ORA-01555 errors. The source repository is old and rickety (if you will) and I am not sure how much I can play with altering settings to try and get a consistent export. I do have SRs open with Oracle, first with the OEM group who opened one with the datapump group but so far no answers have been forthcoming. Thus my questions.

1) I can't imagine I am the first person to have encountered this situation. Does anyone know of a workaround?
2) Is there a way I can quiesce the source repository so I can guarantee a consistent export? The existing repository is our production system and is in use but I think I can convince people to be without it for the time it takes to do an export.
3) Must I give up the 2-System approach?

Thanks
Bill Wagman

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points