This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 2:17 AM by Shankar RSS

Creating data object from multiple data objects

Suneel Jakka Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have to create a data object in BAM on multiple data objects by looking at some condition that means, I have to generate a data from these multiple data objects to select only few records and few fields. Is it possible?

Regards,
Suneel Jakka
  • 1. Re: Creating data object from multiple data objects
    Shankar Explorer
    Hi Suneel,

I am not sure about creating dataobjects from multiple dataobjects, we can do one thing we can use lookups(refer below link)
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/integration.1111/e10224/bam_data_objects.htm#BABJJGHB

apart from this we can create reports from multiple data objects.finally need to show dashboards out of different datasource(Data Objects).

This might be helpful

Best Regards
    Siva Sankar
  • 2. Re: Creating data object from multiple data objects
    Suneel Jakka Newbie
    Shankar,

This is helpful, but I am confused about "Fields to match from lookup object" and "Fields to match from this data object".

Over here, we need to select the dataobject and then we have to select the field from this data object, right. but what does it mean by "Fields to match from this data object".. why is it? that means, we have to map the current data object field to one of the fields in the another data object?

My requirement is as follows

Data object A

1 ABC 2345
    2 DEF 5678
    3 GHI 9012

So, in Data object B, I should have the data as follows

Data object B

1 ABC 2345
    3 GHI 9012

So Data object B should not include 2nd record.

Regards,
    Suneel Jakka
  • 3. Re: Creating data object from multiple data objects
    Shankar Explorer
    Hi Suneel,

Lookup in BAM follows the same rule as LEFT OUTER JOIN in SQL. In the Data Objects lookup.

BAM Active Data Cache uses the LEFT OUTER JOIN to combine records from two Data Objects. The query result set includes all the fields from the Lookup Data Object. It is a best practice to create aLookup Data Object that contains fields, which are only required for the lookup operations.

Note:Creating a Lookup Data Object is exactly the same as creating a normal Data Object. However, you must not add any lookup fields into Lookup Data Objects.

Best Regards
    Siva Sankar

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points