1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 7:59 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
        yxes2013 wrote:
        Thanks hussein,

The users told me that they encounter slowness in the performance when the do the "transfer" process. I do not know what program is being run in this process. Can this be caught in the
        Statspack run?
        Ask the users for more details about the transfer process and see what they mean by it. It is a concurrent program, you can enable trace and generate the TKPROF file.

FAQ: Common Tracing Techniques in Oracle E-Business Applications 11i and R12 [ID 296559.1]
        How To Trace a Concurrent Request And Generate TKPROF File [ID 453527.1]

Thanks,
        Hussein
        • 16. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
          yxes2013
          Thanks hussein,

Is TKPROF different or better from Statspack? Has there EBS notes that recommends Statspack monitoring?

Base on your experiences on GL Transfer, what usually caused this program to go slow?, that also affected all users per se.
          • 17. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
            EBSDBA
            Hi,
            Base on your experiences on GL Transfer, what usually caused this program to go slow?, that also affected all users per se.
            Please see the following notes, first test them on test instance.

GL Transfer Issue: Running the GL Transfer Process Hangs [ID 342709.1]
            INCTGL Transfer Transactions to GL Performance problem [ID 1206666.1]
            Performance Issue with Revenue Recognition Program Under GL Transfer is Running for a Long Time [ID 1395793.1]

Thanks
            • 18. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
              yxes2013
              Thanks a lot,

Maybe I still have to verify with the users, what is the specific type of GL Transfer, because there are lots of kinds in the notes.

I hope I will fall to this one >

+*<Moderator Edit - deleted MOS Doc content - pl do NOT post such content - it is a violation of your Support agreement>*+                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
              • 19. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                yxes2013 wrote:
                Thanks hussein,

Is TKPROF different or better from Statspack? Has there EBS notes that recommends Statspack monitoring?

Please generate the TKPROF file and upload the file to any free hosting website and post the link here.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  yxes2013 wrote:
                  Thanks a lot,

Maybe I still have to verify with the users, what is the specific type of GL Transfer, because there are lots of kinds in the notes.

I hope I will fall to this one >

+*<Moderator Edit - deleted MOS Doc content - pl do NOT post such content - it is a violation of your Support agreement>*+
                  What is the note you are referring to?

Looks like the smart moderator removed your post contents and he did not at least post the Doc ID for us to refer to.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 21. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                    yxes2013
                    Thanks Hussein,

Opps sorry moderator for posting the note. I was actually referring to the 3rd note ( 1395793.1) which has no patching needed but just to create additional indexes to improve performance.

By the way I ask the user what is this "transfer" program all about. She said....The "transfer" that users is referring to is a Concurrent Program Request named "Autoinvoice Master Program".
                    Is this the same thing as GL Transfer?

Some Processes that are being affected when transfer is running are:

1. RMA = bacomes too slow and hanging.
                    2. Transaction Summary = when transferring an "SO" to create an invoice, invoice numbers are not in sequence and has gaps, some transaction invoice number jumps to another date batch.
                    3. Some accounts like East valley = does not contain shipping address

Kindly help me, based on your experience how did you solve this kind of issue. Maybe you have some notes appropriate for this one.

Is this one still applicable?
                    FAQ: Common Tracing Techniques in Oracle E-Business Applications 11i and R12 [ID 296559.1]

Thanks again.
                    • 22. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Is this one still applicable?
                      Yes.

Please also see:

How To Setup AutoInvoice For Optimal Performance [ID 1083467.1]
                      Setting Up System Profile Options For AutoInvoice [ID 1069294.1]
                      Troubleshooting AutoInvoice Performance Issues [ID 1089196.1]
                      Troubleshooting AutoInvoice for Oracle Receivables Release 11.5 Through 12 [ID 1075757.1]
                      How to Capture a Debug Log or Trace File and Diagnostics for AutoInvoice in 11i and R12 [ID 1079666.1]

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 23. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                        yxes2013
                        Thanks a lot hussein, and everyone here :)
                        • 24. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                          yxes2013
                          Hi again hussein,

BaseD on Statspack, the performance issue seems caused by I/O contention and undo/rollback issue. It seems that the the disk can not handle lots of process being run against it.

Is it possible to schedule autoinvoice by segment? Instead of running 20 concurrent request simultaneously, I will run 1 by 1 till it finished. I really do not understand how autoInvoice works.

Do I still need to run TKPROF? Does tfprof shows I/O, cpu, memory contentions?

Thanks,

Edited by: yxes2013 on 3.1.2013 9:45
                          • 25. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            yxes2013 wrote:
                            Hi again hussein,

BaseD on Statspack, the performance issue seems caused by I/O contention and undo/rollback issue. It seems that the the disk can not handle lots of process being run against it.

Is it possible to schedule autoinvoice by segment? Instead of running 20 concurrent request simultaneously, I will run 1 by 1 till it finished. I really do not understand how autoInvoice works.
                            Please see (How To Setup AutoInvoice For Optimal Performance [ID 1083467.1]).
                            Do I still need to run TKPROF? Does tfprof shows I/O, cpu, memory contentions?
                            Yes.

Is this related to your other posts?

Re: Redo Logs Sizing
                            EBS 11i AutoInvoice Performance Very Slow

Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 26. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                              yxes2013
                              Thanks hussein,
                              Is this related to your other posts?
                              Yes, but you are not answering there :(

If I increase my redo logs size to 100Mb each, do I need to run autoconfig?

Our database now is 9.2.0.6 , if I apply patch 9.2.0.8 do I need to run autoconfig too? Can you give me metalink notes on how to apply 9.2.0.8 patch for EBS database?

Thanks
                              • 27. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                Yes, but you are not answering there :(
                                You should not create duplicate posts and if you still have a question related to this thread you should post it here.
                                If I increase my redo logs size to 100Mb each, do I need to run autoconfig?
                                No.
                                Our database now is 9.2.0.6 , if I apply patch 9.2.0.8 do I need to run autoconfig too? Can you give me metalink notes on how to apply 9.2.0.8 patch for EBS database?
                                Yes -- Oracle Applications Release 11i with Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0) [ID 216550.1]

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 28. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                                  yxes2013
                                  Thanks hussein,

My database cache size is 288M , does it seems small? Can you tell me what is your db cache size?
                                  • 29. Re: EBS 11i 32-bit Database
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    My database cache size is 288M , does it seems small? Can you tell me what is your db cache size?
                                    It depends on how data you have and the size of the database is not related to the issue you have.

For the db cache size, it depends on other settings, so please see (Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle Applications Release 11i [ID 216205.1]).

Thanks,
                                    Hussein