This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 10:23 AM by 981301 RSS

Repository after reinstall server and ovm manager

981301 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have problem

I have one server connected FC to SAN storage. I have repo with vm on storage luns. After power crash i must to reinstall ovm on server and also reinstall ovm manager.

Now can i connect old reository to new/reinstall server witouth loosing any data?
  • 1. Re: Repository after reinstall server and ovm manager
    heng Explorer
    After power crash, why you must to reinstall vm manager and server?
    If you reinstall VM Manager with UUID of previous VM Manager and restore backup file and also VM Server is still working fine, u still can use old repository.
    If you reinstall VM Server, the old data repository will be destroyed although VM Manager is still working fine.
  • 2. Re: Repository after reinstall server and ovm manager
    981301 Newbie
    Server with manager had hardware failure. Idont have backup so i have to install ovm manager on new machine.

Vm server have problem with file system, dont seen the luns also xend dont start. So i reinstall also this server.

I know that new ovm manager dont recognize old repository disk, so i create new lun on storage and create new repository on it. Now from CLI i map old ocfs repository and copy virtual disk and vm.cfg to new repository, but ovm manager dosn see any of them.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points