2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 10:00 PM by 921550 RSS

Calc script issue

KKT
      Hi Gurus,

I have one requirement where i need to write a calc script --
      where there are the different months and i need to get the value from theClVal - last month if existing and copy it to Opening Val- for next month.

example if Jan:Dec , check for all the month and then copy the last month (closing) that has value to next month (Opening).
      how to do this please advice as i need to check for all the members.

Please waiting for your comment.

Thanks,
      KKT
        • 1. Re: Calc script issue
          MattRollings
          KKT, have a look at @PRIOR.

one of the first things you will need to do in general is spend a few weeks studying the functional purpose of all of the calculation functions. Without understanding what the functions are capable of you will be limited in what you will be able to do on your own.
          • 2. Re: Calc script issue
            example if Jan:Dec , check for all the month and then copy the last month (closing) that has value to next month (Opening).
            how to do this please advice as i need to check for all the members.
            If you want to copy only for months that has value then you would require @PRIORS.

Refer following link for more details.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/esb_techref/frameset.htm?priors.htm

However, in ideal conditions if you need to copy closing of last month to current month's opening then can use @PRIOR.

Hope this helps.

Regards
            -SM