This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 9:17 PM by Murali Pasumarti RSS

List of values issue

847750 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

we have 10 properties for which we need to specify list of values.Manually,I can select property and specify list of values. But, is there any way we can achieve the same through automator/action script as manually updating list of values for all properties would be tedious task.

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: List of values issue
    874770 Explorer
    If I understand your question correctly, then the way I would do this, is to export out one property with the migration utility. Then, you can edit the XML file with the new property name and the list values. It's a bit of a pain, but easier than doing this directly from the web. Again, if you have the list values lined up on Excel, you can just do a mass insert and you should be good to go. Once all edits are done to the XML file, re-import to DRM.

Actionscripts don't work in this case. They will work, if you wanted to just update the properties themselves, for nodes.
    844747 wrote:
    Hi,

we have 10 properties for which we need to specify list of values.Manually,I can select property and specify list of values. But, is there any way we can achieve the same through automator/action script as manually updating list of values for all properties would be tedious task.

Thanks in advance
  • 2. Re: List of values issue
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer
    When you do a Insert the values will not reflect in DRM unless the services are rebooted,

-Murali
  • 3. Re: List of values issue
    746267 Newbie
    Automator function(ChangeProp) enables you to assign other values that are not previously defined in a list property. This has always worked for me. The only downside to this is that, if you decided to change the property value of the node to something other than what you have updated via the automator and something that is not listed the property values, you will not be able to re-define it manually at the node, you should use an automator again.

Hope this helps.

Tanuja
  • 4. Re: List of values issue
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer
    Tanuja,

You are right,

But it's depend on the System Preferance "EnforceListProps",

When it is set to 'TRUE' we can't update the List Property with a different value other than the List, and throws an error saying " Property value 'XXX' is not valid for list Property 'LIST_PROP_NAME'. "

When it is set to FALSE we can update the property,

-Murali

Edited by: Murali Pasumarti on Feb 9, 2013 9:09 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points