This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 3:34 AM by Denis Mukhin RSS

using R function on Oracle data base

981516 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
for using R, I only can use Oracle data mining algorithms or I can use R function like social network in Oracle data base?
  • 1. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    Denis Mukhin Journeyer
    Could you, please, be more specific about what R functions/packages you are interested in. Both ODM and ORE are part of the single OAA option.
  • 2. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    981516 Newbie
    I install ODM but R give me error. what do you think about it?

utils:::menuInstallLocal()
    package ‘RODM’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    RODM_open_dbms_connection(dsn="dashboard.internal.test01.com", uid= "datamining", pwd = "1245v@")
    Error: could not find function "RODM_open_dbms_connection"
  • 3. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    981516 Newbie
    hi
    I need to use sna or igraph functions or any other statistics or data mining algorithms that exist in R but no in Oracle
  • 4. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    chberger Explorer
    Oracle Advanced Analytics provides multiple language (SQL, R and if we include GUIs, Oracle Data Miner workflow UI) support to the in-DB analytics. Using SQL, R or the ODM'r GUI, you can access a library of simple descriptive, summary and coparative statistics that have been implemented in the Oracle Database + a dozen hi-perf in-DB data mining algorithms (e.g. regression, decision trees, text mining, clustering, associations, anomaly detection, etc.) and solve a wide range of business and technical problems.

Should you require additional techniques e.g. R CRAN packages, then Oracle Advanced Analytics supports that through R to SQL transparancy where it "pushes down" R language intentions to matching in-DB SQL functions e.g. ETL, stats and data mining OR it can make a callout to R via "embedded R mode" and have the Database manage the flow of data and the process.

There is an OTN Discussion Forum that focuses entirely on the "R" aspects of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option. I suggest that you re-post your questiion here R for additional discusssions and for the benefit of that Oracle Advanced Analytics/Oracle R Enterprise OTN forum/community.

cb
  • 5. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    981516 Newbie
    hi
    I need to use other functions that don't introduce in Oracle but are been in other R packages like SNA,....
  • 6. Re: using R function on Oracle data base
    Denis Mukhin Journeyer
    You should be able to do it with embedded R. For more info take a look at our training material on [url http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/advanced-analytics/r-enterprise/ore-trng4-embeddedrscripts-1501638.pdf]embedded R scripts.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points