This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 12:24 PM by user12981399 RSS

Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall implementaion

muba_zak Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

we are planning to implement Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall on 2 node 11g RAC/solaris10, please advise me to ahead in details

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall implementaion
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    There are a lot of documents available on the home page of both,
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/audit-vault-and-database-firewall/overview/index.html

Aman....
  • 2. Re: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall implementaion
    706614 Explorer
    Hi:

Please note, Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall is delivered as a "soft appliance". It is installed on bare metal hardware. Once you install it, it "takes over" your hardware, installs its own copy of hardened Oracle Enterprise Linux, and Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.

As such, you will not be able to deploy it on an existing RAC cluster, the way you say you want to. Please review the Installation Guide completely before proceeding with the installation.
  • 3. Re: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall implementaion
    muba_zak Newbie
    Hi vipshah

i made a seperate server to install audit vault, (Oracle linux 64bit), i downloaded the software, wrore on 3 dvd's in seperate (audit,database firewall & utilities).

i need to install the agent on 2 Node RAC, please guide me installation and config part, these Documents are not clear to me or i could not understand properly

expecting earlier reply

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall implementaion
    user12981399 Newbie
    Recently purchased Audit Vault and Database Firewall
    My question is with Audit Vault.
    All of the documentation says that i need Oracle Linux 5.8 as part of the installation. We do not have any servers now that support 5.8 currently. When I check the HCL for Oracle Linux 5.8 i see only 4 Oracle servers that support this version
    Sun Server X2-4
    Sun Server X2-8
    Sunfire X2270 M2
    Sunfire X4470

The only two servers that are currently offer for purchase by Oracle are the X2-4 and X2-8 which are way overkill both in power and price for this application.
    The X2270 M2 would fit nicely, but is no longer offered for sale. In it place is the X3-2 which would fit nicely, but it listed as supporting Oracle Linux 5.8. Oracle Linux 5.9 is supported on the X3-2.
    My question is will Oracle Linux 5.9 or newer install to support Audit Vault? The documentation specifies Linux 5.8. Is this flexible or not?
    Thanks,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points