This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 10:04 AM by CraigB RSS

Developer suite tools installation on windows 7 OS failing

dba-hyd Pro
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to install developer suite 10g (forms/reports) on windows 7 machine and I am getting the below error. I also right-clicked on setup.exe and changed the compatible mode to windows xp, but still the error persists.
Also tried updating oraparam.ini file to add 6.1 version that it is checking and failing, but still can't get through it is throwing abnormal error, report to oracle support :-)
Is it not possible to install forms and reports developer tools on windows 7 OS?

Using paramFile: D:\SOFTWARES\developersuite10g\disk1\install\oraparam.ini
Checking installer requirements...
Checking operating system version: must be 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Actual 6.1
Failed <<<<
Exiting Oracle Universal Installer, log for this session can be found at C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\installActions2012-12-26_03-33-46PM.log
Please press Enter to exit...
  • 1. Re: Developer suite tools installation on windows 7 OS failing
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl identify exact version of Dev 10g being installed and the exact version of Win 7 (professional, word-size etc).

Pl see this MOS Doc

Certification of Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2) on Windows 7 (32-bit) [ID 1292919.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Developer suite tools installation on windows 7 OS failing
    CraigB Guru
    Checking operating system version: must be 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Actual 6.1
    Oracle, like so many other software companies, has written their installer to check for specific versions of the OS rather than check for a minimum OS version or higher.
    Is it not possible to install forms and reports developer tools on windows 7 OS?
    Yes, it is possible. Follow these steps to install:
    1. Install Problem #1 - OS compatibility
    As mentioned above, the installer
    a. Right-click the setup.exe file and select properties. Select the Compatibility tab and select the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" check box and select "Windows XP".
    b. At the bottom of the compatibility tab, click the "Run as Administrator" option as well.
    c. Click OK.

2. Install Problem #2 - Virtual Memory
    - The Oracle Installer can't read "System managed virtual memory (VM)". Therefore, the installer will fail when it checks the available VM. Please refer to this Microsoft support article for instructions for Changing the size of virtual memory. I recommend you change the VM settings back to "System Managed" after the installation is complete. Also, changing the VM settings will require you to restart your computer.

After making these changes, re-run the Oracle Installer and the installation should succeed.

Hope this helps,
    Craig...
  • 3. Re: Developer suite tools installation on windows 7 OS failing
    Askdineshsingh Explorer
    Before running the installation follow the following steps
    1. Go to my computer and right click on My Computer
    2 Go to Advance System Setting.
    3 Got to Performance-->Setting
    4 Click on Advanced Tab.-->Change Virtual Memory as double of your system RAM.
    5 apply the new setting and restart computer and then run again the setup of Develpment Suite.
    Your problem will surely overcome.

If you satisfied with this reply then do not forget to mark as helpful on right hand side of this post..

Thanks .....

Edited by: user12300715 on Jan 2, 2013 10:25 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points