This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:06 PM by 765612 RSS

Linking Independent Processes

765612 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Experts,

How do we link various processes i.e initiating of one process automatically needs to initiate various other processes and all these process has to be linked in such a way that all these instances have to be grouped together a common category in the workspace. Any pointers on how to accomplish this type of requirement?

Venkat
  • 1. Re: Linking Independent Processes
    ArunNatarajan Newbie
    Your situation sounds like a perfect example of how to use signal events: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28271_01/doc.1111/e15176/ipc_bpmpd.htm#BPMPD733. Have you tried this?
    I am not sure how you would group these instances to display together in the workspace; I doubt Oracle provides something like this out of the box.

Let us know how you address this.
  • 2. Re: Linking Independent Processes
    765612 Newbie
    Arun

Thanks for the response, I am thinking that the probable solution could be for a parent process to start these child sub processes using co-relation and then customizing the workspace using ADF so that the main process has the child process inside it.

Would be glad to hear from you and experts to know if that could be the right approach. Signals would surely help in inter process communication but i guess we would not be able to link the proceses.

Regards
    Venkat

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points