4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 11:42 PM by VikrantKorde 1 RSS

INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO - error in PO invoices

Hi All,

I have installed IPM 11.1.1.6.0 and all its related components. All the components are properly integrated. non-PO flow of OFR is working fine.

I am trying to generate invoice in EBS through OFR flow for PO type of invoices. PO numbers are already created in EBS.
      When we process the XML, it goes till InvoiceImportAndValidation composite. As a response it gives below HOLD

<P_HOLDS_ITEM>
      <HOLD_LOOKUP_CODE>IPM_INVALID_RECEIPT_HOLD</HOLD_LOOKUP_CODE>
      <HOLD_REASON>INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO (Line 1)</HOLD_REASON>
      </P_HOLDS_ITEM>

and the instance is routed back to invoice processing. I believe the PO is not generated properly. As i can generate non-PO invoices properly for the same supplier, supplier must have configured properly.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
      Moumi
        • 1. Re: INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO - error in PO invoices
          meNitin
          Hi,

You have created PO at the EBS side for the given supplier, But you havent created receipt for the same at the EBS side.
          You need to create PO, then receipt for the same PO and then trigger the Invoice process.

Regards,
          Nitin.
          • 2. Re: INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO - error in PO invoices
            Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.
            Can you please tell me the exact steps to create the receipt for the PO? or any tutorial having all the relevant steps?

Thanks in advance.

Moumi.
            • 3. Re: INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO - error in PO invoices
              meNitin
              Hello,

In EBS as u created PO number, In the same way create another PO. Now go to Purchasing responsibility in EBS for the same Organisation and here you need to create receipt for the same PO and receiving site. Take help from person familier with EBS.

Regards,
              Nitin.
              • 4. Re: INSUFFICIENT RECEIPT INFO - error in PO invoices
                VikrantKorde 1
                Hi Moumi,

There is a stored proc "validate_invoice" which creates this hold in EBS. The condition that decides whether to go for receipt validation or not depends on the value in the EBS table, basically depend on the configuration of PO. Below query gives that information.

SELECT MATCH_OPTION
                FROM PO_LINE_LOCATIONS A
                WHERE A.PO_HEADER_ID = 110568

the value of PO_HEADER_ID can be found from PO_HEADERS_ALL or PO_HEADERS table. In case of PO_HEADERS, you need to set policy context

EXEC MO_GLOBAL.SET_POLICY_CONTEXT('S', 1733);

Ideally if you do not want this hold to be placed or validated, you should use the PO for which match_option is NOT 'R'

Regards,
                Vikrant Korde.