1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 2:09 PM by Matthew Morris RSS

LDAP authenication with authorization roles

user15493
      I currently have LDAP functioning and working correctly on my application (APEX 4.0). Our system is limited to a certain number of users witiin the AD group that can access the system. I have created an authorization scheme that looks at a database table to determine if the user has access to the system. If I put this authorization scheme on the login process of the login page it works successfully however the failure error message does not show up if the user does not have access. If I put this authorization scheme on the page that you are redirected to after login I get the message. However, what I would like to do is have this authorization failure message appear as a pop up message on the login screen once the login button is pressed. Is this possible?

Thank You!
        • 1. Re: LDAP authenication with authorization roles
          Matthew Morris
          However, what I would like to do is have this authorization failure message appear as a pop up
          message on the login screen once the login button is pressed. Is this possible?
          Create a 'Page processing' process that runs after the login completes. Apply the authorization function to it. If it fails the authorization, this should abort the login and display an error on the login page. Theoretically... not something I've needed to do.