1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 9:43 PM by vladodias RSS

oraext:query-database with JNDI name giving System Fault

Sameer Darbha
      Hi

JDeveloper 11.1.1.6, WLS 10.3.6, BPM 11.1.1.6

I have a Process in which I want to assign a particular task in Parallel to multiple assignees.
      The assignee names can be derived from a database query.

So in the Human .task file, I changed the Task Type to Parallel and gave an Expression as follows for the User.

oraext:query-database("select 'cdoyle' from dual union select 'cdickens' from dual", false(), false(), 'jdbc/APPS')

jdbc/APPS is the Data Source Name which is already configured in the WLS Console.
      I have tried creating another JNDI Data Source with 'Thin' Driver (NON XA). This also is giving the same Exception.

When I execute this is giving the following exception (Non Recoverable System Fault when seen in the Enterprise Manager).

Exception
      ----
      Non Recoverable System Fault :
      <bpelFault><faultType>0</faultType><bindingFault xmlns="http://schemas.oracle.com/bpel/extension"><part name="summary"><summary>oracle.fabric.common.FabricInvocationException: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Error committing transaction:; nested exception is: javax.transaction.xa.XAException: JDBC driver does not support XA, hence cannot be a participant in two-phase commit. To force this participation, set the GlobalTransactionsProtocol attribute to LoggingLastResource (recommended) or EmulateTwoPhaseCommit for the Data Source = jdbc/APPS</summary></part><part name="detail"><detail>JDBC driver does not support XA, hence cannot be a participant in two-phase commit. To force this participation, set the GlobalTransactionsProtocol attribute to LoggingLastResource (recommended) or EmulateTwoPhaseCommit for the Data Source = jdbc/APPS</detail></part><part name="code"><code>null</code></part></bindingFault></bpelFault>

I found some example using the actual database connection details, but obviously we cannot hard code the database details in the code.
      Has anyone used the above xpath function with a JNDI name?

Thanks for any help
      Regards
      Sameer