This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 9:53 PM by Hoque RSS

Endeca record ID shows unexpected values

Hoque Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have designed pipelines and record adapters,dimension adapters, prop mapper using deployment template.

In this process, I have created custom Properties and Dimensions. I have mentioned Product_ID as "use for record spec" and successfully done the indexing process as per as forge log is concerned.

However when I am trying to test the data in endeca_jsp reference application , I am suprised to see that number of total records are displaying correct as 7 (seven) but the record name (P_Name) is displaying as following :

1 Record Endeca.4096

2 Record Endeca.8192

3 Record Endeca.16384

4 Record Endeca.32768

5 Record Endeca.65536

6 Record Endeca.131072

7 Record Endeca.262144

But is should be displayed as "Acer laptop 1" , "Acer Laptop 2" and so on.
And of course all the properties are also not coming.

Can anyone faced similar issues and any suggestion/ideas ...

Regards,
Hoque
  • 1. Re: Endeca record ID shows unexpected values
    Dan at Branchbird Journeyer
    Hoque,

Do the p_product_id and p_name show up correctly on the properties of each record in your endeca_jspref application? If so, they're mapping correctly in your pipeline. The property to be designated as the title of each record in the endeca_jspref application is controlled in your constants.jsp file in your endeca_jspref /webapps directory. By default, this is set to "P_Name", but be careful, this is case-sensitive.

If you're running the reference application via port 8006 (workbench) then look to C:\Endeca\Workbench\<version>\server\webapps\endeca_jspref for the root of the endeca_jspref application to find this constants.jsp file. If you're running it via port 8888 (eac/platform services), then look to C:\Endeca\PlatformServices\<version>\tools\server\webapps\endeca_jspref. Note: these paths do depend on the version of the product you're running, but should point you in the right direction.

HTH,
    Dan
    http://branchbird.com
  • 2. Re: Endeca record ID shows unexpected values
    Hoque Journeyer
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for the valuable inputs given by you.

See, I am running the endeca_jspref web application in my eclipse's tomcat server. As you mentioned about the changes in constants.jsp file , I have changed it according to my endeca_property's value. Actually all the changes I have done from the very begining.

But anyways , the product_id and p_name did not show up correctly on the properties of each record in your endeca_jspref application.

I have correctly mapped the source data to endeca property,that I can say.

Let me tell you one more information, I have created the application using deployment template and navigate to *.esp file and opened it in Developers Studio and modified the pipeline there. Is there any thing wrong in my approach ?

Regards,
    Hoque
  • 3. Re: Endeca record ID shows unexpected values
    Dan at Branchbird Journeyer
    Hi Hoque,

Can you copy and paste an example record from your endeca_jspref application, including the title link? Also, if you could paste the relevant section of your constants.jsp that would be great.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • 4. Re: Endeca record ID shows unexpected values
    Hoque Journeyer
    Hi Dan,

I don't know why this is happening in one system and on other system, it is not replicating. I am really surprised about the fact. Same set up with same version of endeca are being installed on both the system but results are different.

Let me tell you one thing, I am trying to making index from database records (as a jdbc adapter).

Anyways , thanks for your prompt and valuable response.

Regards,
    Hoque

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points