3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 11:21 PM by PrincessPoonam RSS

Endeca set Issues

PrincessPoonam
      Hi All,

I am not able to see the Workbench login screen, i have followed all the steps mentioned in the installation doc.
      Any help is really appriciated.

Installing Tools and Frameworks on UNIX
      The software is distributed as a TAR file and install script.
      To install Oracle Endeca Tools and Frameworks:
      1. Download the Tools and Frameworks package from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
      2. Extract the Tools and Frameworks package to a local directory.
      Depending on what you downloaded, the name of the extracted installation file is as follows:
      • ToolsAndFrameworks-<version>-linux-gs.tar.gz (Oracle Endeca Guided Search)
      • ToolsAndFrameworks-<version>-linux-xmgr.tar.gz (Oracle Endeca Experience
      Manager)
      3. Extract the installation file into /usr/local/endeca.
      The archive extracts to /usr/local/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/<version>.This is your
      Tools and Frameworks installation directory.
      4. Navigate to the server/bin directory.
      5. Run startup.sh.
      This script sets environment variables, and starts the Endeca Tools Service as a background
      process. The service hosts Oracle Endeca Workbench and a number of sample reference
      applications.
      To manage the Endeca Tools Service after installation:
      • Start the service with the startup.sh script.
      • Stop the service with the shutdown.sh script.
      Verifying the Tools and Frameworks installation
      The simplest way to check that the installation is to load Oracle Endeca Workbench in a Web browser.
      This indicates the Endeca Tools service is running and that Workbench is available.
      To verify the Tools and Frameworks installation:
      1. Start a Web browser.
      2. In the URL, specify the machine name and default port of Workbench (8006).
      For example, http://localhost:8006/
      The Workbench login screen displays. It is similar to the following:
        • 1. Re: Endeca set Issues
          Dan at Branchbird
          Can you ping the linux server where you installed Workbench from your laptop? If not by machine name, by IP? What URL are you trying to use? What error are you seeing in your browser? Do you see any errors in your workbench logs after trying to start it? (check workspace/logs/ )

Sorry that isn't very specific, but we'll need more information from you if we're going to help.

Thanks,
          Dan
          http://branchbird.com
          • 2. Re: Endeca setup Issues
            PrincessPoonam
            Hi BiirdBranch,

Appreciate your help.Thanks for ur response.

This is what is see in my console when i try to start */u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/bin*

[oracle@atgtelco bin]$ ./startup.sh
            Checking Workbench Environment Settings
            Using ENDECA_TOOLS_ROOT: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1
            Using ENDECA_TOOLS_CONF: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace
            Using CATALINA_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/apache-tomcat-6.0.32
            Using CATALINA_BASE: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace
            Using JAVA_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/j2sdk
            Using JRE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/j2sdk
            Using WORKING_DIR: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace/state
            Using CATALINA_OPTS: -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dcom.endeca.manager.endecaroot=/u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace
            Using JAVA_OPTS: -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace/conf/Login.conf -Dorg.apache.catalina.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME=ESESSIONID -Dorg.apache.catalina.SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME=esessionid -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,org/apache/derby/impl/services/locks/LockControl,getLock -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,org/apache/derby/impl/services/locks/LockControl,addLock -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,org/apache/derby/impl/services/locks/LockControl,isGrantable -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:-DisplayVMOutput

Starting Workbench (background process)
            Using CATALINA_BASE: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace
            Using CATALINA_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/apache-tomcat-6.0.32
            Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/workspace/temp
            Using JRE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/j2sdk
            Using CLASSPATH: /u01/app/oracle/endeca/ToolsAndFrameworks/3.1.1/server/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/bin/bootstrap.jar

when i try to access the application using this http://myipaddress:8006/
            i am getting This webpage is not available error. i checked for proxy settings , the proxy setting is disabled.

Please let me know how can i make it work. Am i doing the right way?? I want to an endeca instance up and running. to integrate it with ATG.

Regards
            SK
            • 3. Re: Endeca setup Issues
              PrincessPoonam
              Hi All,

Solved this issue, there was no execute permission for java file in JDK.

Regards
              Sumanth Kethe