This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 5:52 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Web applications Using javafx

982047 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Can we create web applications using javafx?Is it same as running java applications in browser?I need to create a n dimensional scatter chartwith hover and zoom in and zoom out capabilities.Can we do that with javafx?I am in desperate need of this.please help me.
  • 1. Re: Web applications Using javafx
    gimbal2 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    979044 wrote:
    Can we create web applications using javafx?Is it same as running java applications in browser?
    Basically yes - it is very similar to the old applets. But it is still something running on the client, not a 'web' application. It can be combined with web application services but it is not as easy as it sounds.
    I need to create a n dimensional scatter chartwith hover and zoom in and zoom out capabilities.Can we do that with javafx?I am in desperate need of this.
    It can be done using JavaFX 2... but only when you really know what you're doing. So lets try to answer the real question: can YOU do it with JavaFX. Since you have to ask all this, no you can't.
    please help me.
    You need to start with learning JavaFX before you can be helped; that is going to take time and effort.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points