This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 12:06 PM by bigdelboy Go to original post RSS
  • 15. 1Z1-117
    982323 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello friends, I have gone through 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052.
    I am holding OCA now.
    I am looking for 1Z1-117 (OCE) , can anyone assist me.
    Also, if u had material or any references, kindly provide it to me.
    I will be grateful.
  • 16. Re: 1Z1-117
    matthew_morris Expert
    If you had read this thread, you would/will have noted that 1Z1-117 (the beta test) is closed. 1Z0-117 (the production test) will not open for about eleven weeks. Shoud be available sometime in early-mid March.

If you had read this thread, you would/will have noted that bigdelboy gave his suggested Oracle documentation references for this exam. There are currently no third-party materials available specific to it.
  • 17. Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    979320 wrote:
    Hello friends,
    Well Hello .....
    I have gone through 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052.
    I am holding OCA now.
    So you are 11g DBA OCA. Great.
    Well, there is an amazing amount in this thread you have latched onto here .... the real trick is to read it. As can be discerned from the thread 1z1-117 is no more ..... it is however highly likely to re-incarnate as 1z0-117 in three months time.
    Lots of information already provided in the thread, Roger's already asked the question, i've done an extended reply to it. I had a dump in A.S.D.A.'s after my fishNchips at Beccy's P-antry waiting for the delayed exam d-elivery; hopefully you're not after that. Didn't put an URL to the exam topics / recommended training .... generally most 11g DBA OCA's will find it .... here it is anyway ...

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-117&p_org_id=1001&lang=US

Matthew might do an extended guide to it ... see earlier, but that will be 4 to 5 months down the line.
    I will be grateful.
    Certification is about the journey ..... a sense of h.umour must be maintained. Being unceremonously dumped off a bus at the air-port featured by Mr. Norway in round the bend on the way back from my unsuccessful attempt to take the exam certainly gave me pause to think over it. .... However I should have read Lewis: Oracle Core: ISBN: 978-1-4302-3954-3: Ch. 7: Parsing and Optimizing: Do you come here often? at that point. It might not have helped before, it might never help again, but it would have been more useful than the failed bus information sysem.

PS: I notice Matthew has answered this already.
  • 18. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    I had been worried about no apparent response to the certification SR I raised on this a couple of days back .... as I'd had no automatic email response to the SR.... however was pleased to get an email from the certification team for this SR. It said:

Thank you for writing to Oracle Certification Program Team.

We are checking on this and we will revert in 2-3 business days.

Regards,
    OCP Team

.... It might seem as though the state of the exam is to be reverted ( put back to beta ? ... yippe? ) :-) ......

......... unfortunately due to my non PC bull milking on {message:id=10770447} .... i cant really claim ignorance of the likely meaning. (see for example: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/34816/usage-of-phrase-revert-back )

.... Great point here for me is the SR is in the system and being dealt with in due course and I expect to be intimated shortly.
  • 19. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Sorry I didn't see this saga sooner. I will forward to our account manager at Pearson and see what he comes back with. Unfortunately, since the beta exam has ended, we cannot open it back up (as far as I know), but let me see what's up.

Can you provide your SR number so that I can reference the SR? I assume you included more detail in the SR?

Thanks,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 20. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    Brandye Barrington wrote:
    Sorry I didn't see this saga sooner. I will forward to our account manager at Pearson and see what he comes back with. Unfortunately, since the beta exam has ended, we cannot open it back up (as far as I know), but let me see what's up.

Can you provide your SR number so that I can reference the SR? I assume you included more detail in the SR?

Thanks,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
    It has an SR raised and the official SR channel should be able to sort it without refering back to you (IMHO).

The official SR channel has the info, I assume will consider/escalate if appropriate, and with then revert and intimate me.

.... If I feel the official response SR is inadequate I will undoubtably place the SR# on the thread.

..... The SR did not contain ever detail here, being a somewhat more professional response. I also seemed to be limited in the number of characters I could put in the box on the SR form (and it wasn't too helpful on the error reponse when I exceeded that .... and i had to cut my SR details to the bone).
  • 21. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I am also following this and have let our Pearson VUE account manager know about it because the response from Pearson was inadequate at best. Let me know what you need from me on this and I will continue to follow on my end.

Brandye
  • 22. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    Brandye Barrington wrote:
    I am also following this and have let our Pearson VUE account manager know about it because the response from Pearson was inadequate at best. Let me know what you need from me on this and I will continue to follow on my end.

Brandye
    The 2/3 days that Oracle Certification Support have said they would get back to me in have now elapsed, ( I have been extremely strict on the time limit ... I'd normally give a little longer and there was a maintenance window).

I have therefore put approrpriate suggestions in an add-on to SR ( inappropriate to discuss on forum).

SR's are:

497386-236186216 (Original)
    497386-239788391 (Follow up).

Thankyou

Edited by: bigdelboy on 08-Jan-2013 07:01 email Update from OCR team received in the last few hours against 497386-239788391 ....
    We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.  We are diligently working on your issue on priority and will revert with an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this. Regards, OCP Team
    .... This is currently a very acceptable interim update IMHO .... i passively and expectently wait to be intimated with the outcome in a few days ... (there is not a massive rush as its 11 weeks to the production exam .....).
  • 23. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    Oracle OCP_Team have replied to me today to indicate Pearson VUE will be assisting me to organise a sit of SQL tuning when the exam goes production and lets just say I am as satisified as I can be with that in the circumstances. I guess I may be to leave a slightly bigger gap before the end of a beta next time to allow for an exam non-delivery (indeed I took 1z1-460 (at a different test center ) today thursday rather than friday to leave a (little) bigger gap before end of beta.
    I'd just like to say thanks to Peason VUE and Oracle OCP Team for taking time to assist when this was in large part to a Test center problem, though in the end it could just be they had an unlucky day (which does happen to nearly everyone, but some less than others) just after the the end of a holiday period.
  • 24. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    matthew_morris Expert
    Oracle OCP_Team have replied to me today to indicate Pearson VUE will be
    assisting me to organise a sit of SQL tuning when the exam goes production
    So the only thing you're waiting on now (beyond the production date) is for me to get off my duff and write a study guide for the test. :)
  • 25. Re: Keystone Kops at the Test Center ..... Real World Test Candidate experience
    bigdelboy Pro
    matthew_morris wrote:
    Oracle OCP_Team have replied to me today to indicate Pearson VUE will be
    assisting me to organise a sit of SQL tuning when the exam goes production
    So the only thing you're waiting on now (beyond the production date) is for me to get off my duff and write a study guide for the test. :)
    I have several dependencies: release of production exam is critical; non interference with anything more important; getting my exam notes wiki into a state for a production exam; more practice and learning ... lots of it! - these are all strongly importantant. It will also lose priority against 1z1-060 when that is bookable.

An independent study guide would however give me a great gap analysis check; probably worth at least 5% to my score, and I anticipate this is going to be a quite tough exam, and the 5% or more could be the difference between a pass and fail.

+... I didht have the chance on prep to get my notes to the normal pre-exam state and I only gap-filled what wasn't straightford to find in the main document PDF or Niemeic's book ... maybe a link to an Oracle Blog or two where they seemed to cover a topic well.+
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points