This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 12:53 PM by 906844 RSS

RESTful feature of APEX Listener 2.0 -- does it depend on APEX itself?

906844 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I just obtained Apex Listener 2.0, and was hoping to use its RESTful features on an instance that does NOT have Apex 4.x installed (in fact, it has Apex 3.2.x but the APEX_PUBLIC_USER account is locked)

While I've been able to get APEX Listener 2.0's ordinary PL/SQL gateway feature working in the absence of a functioning APEX, (e.g.: http://host:port/apex/path/schema.package.procedure?param1=val1&param2=val2 returns what is expected.)

I haven't been able to get the RESTful feature functioning. I am not surprised, since it is certainly not documented to work without APEX.

I just wanted to confirm this with others.

Although I did manually edit the <db_name>al.xml and <dbname>_rt.xml files, setting the db.username to something else, a request generates the following error:

Dec 28, 2012 1:08:53 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePoolConfig readPoolConfig
WARNING: The pool_config view or table was not found in schema: MY_SCHEMA

Also, it looks like:

java -jar apex.war help

does NOT show any way that resource templates for restful services can be configured. They only can be configured through the web interface. I suspect this is because the information in the resource templates is saved not in the web application itself, but in Oracle meta-data tables. Is that right?

Thanks very much!

Henry

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points