This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 10:42 AM by KonradZuse Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Scene Builder questions
    James_D Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Well, I should have noticed that.

It's not that crazy: if you don't define how to project 3D onto the 2D screen, you can't really expect 3D graphics to work.

What is surprising is that my code worked without a camera when I was using ImageViews for the cube faces.
  • 16. Re: Scene Builder questions
    KonradZuse Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    James_D wrote:
    Well, I should have noticed that.

It's not that crazy: if you don't define how to project 3D onto the 2D screen, you can't really expect 3D graphics to work.

What is surprising is that my code worked without a camera when I was using ImageViews for the cube faces.
    Yeah originally in the example they use a PrimaryStage as the parameter to the "Start" method. I forgot that I had a normal stage(Wasn't used to the changes from Group to Parent, or PrimaryStage to the other Stage. I was a bit tired looking at it a few days ago that I forgot the cam.

I'll have to look more at the cam class, is it only for 3D on 2D? Didn't realize it was a big thing, but I'll make sure now to always have it.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points