6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 4:44 AM by yoonas RSS

Stacked Canvas issue

1st issue:-

I have created 3 pages layout under same .fmb
      Out of those , page1 I have made in content canvas & 2 layout(Say page2 & page3) I have made in two different stack canvas.Page1 contain two text field- 1.NAME 2. PROFILE CODE.
      when user open it page1 (content canvas) & page2 (1st stack canvas) should show .For a specific value in PROFILE CODE (say JAPAN) profile code (page1+page3) should open.& for all other profile codes (page 1+page2) should remain,irrespective of whatever value in NAME.
      Please tell me how can I do this??

1. Please help me with a sample code & also where (in which trigger) I should write the condition.
      2. What all changes are required in property palette?
      3. will both the canvas will be on the same window?

2nd issue:-

I have tried
      In the Object Navigator, under the Canvases node, double-click the content canvas' object icon. In the Layout Editor, choose View | Stacked Views.
      and could see both the page1+page2 there from layout editor.
      BUT while I run it its showing only the page1(content canvas)

Please help me out.....
      Thanks in advance..

Edited by: 977083 on Dec 29, 2012 5:09 AM
        • 1. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
          I am working on 10g.windows OS.
          • 2. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
            yoonas
            Hi,

In WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger check the PROFILE CODE and display the stacked canvas based on the value in PROFILE CODE.

You can use SHOW_VIEW and HIDE_VIEW to show and hide stacked canvases ( see forms online help for more details )

Regards
            Yoonas
            • 3. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
              If I put it like this In WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger check the PROFILE CODE and display the stacked canvas based on the value in PROFILE CODE---
              Then content canvas will be shown first(Page1) ,then user will select profile code, depending upon the profile code selected ,either page2 (stacked canvas) or page3(stacked canvas) will be shown.
              But I want whenever user opening the form ,page1 & page2 should show by default.then user will select profile code.if profile code is for page2 ,it should stay in that (default) page only.If profile code is for page3 then it will automatically go to page3 along with page1.
              • 4. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
                yoonas
                Then you can not code in form instance trigger.

Set the visible option to yes for the page2 (stacked canvas)
                Set the visible option to no for the page3(stacked canvas)

How user is selecting profile value from a select list or ?
                If you are using select list use the 'WHEN-LIST-CHANGED' trigger
                check the profile value user selected now based on selection hide 2 and show 3
                • 5. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
                  Yes user will select profile code from a drop down select list.

I have tried
                  Set the visible option to yes for the page2 (stacked canvas)
                  Set the visible option to no for the page3(stacked canvas)
                  But still page2 is not showing while I run the form.Only page1(content canvas) is showing.

I have set content canvas(page1) in window1 & page2 also in window1.
                  In window1 primary canvas is set to content canvas.
                  and 'Raise On Entry' property of the Stack canvas to 'Yes'.

Please suggest....
                  • 6. Re: Stacked Canvas issue
                    yoonas
                    did you set ViewPort - ViewPort X Position and ViewPort Y Position (ex:10,50)
                    Change the color of the canvas so that you can differeniate