2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 6:08 PM by Erich Ranz RSS

How to make account available for Journals andcalculations

Hi,
      I have a few accounts which are calculated in the Rules file ie
      on
      For Entity Currency and Entity Currency Adjustments

Account A = Account B + Account C

When i post a journal on Accounts B and C, it reflects on Account which is correct but I also want to have the ability to post on Account A , which I can but the amounts do not reflect on Account A. only the journal amounts for Accounts B and C are there. is there any way of accumulating these amounts?
        • 1. Re: How to make account available for Journals andcalculations
          Chaudmo
          You can't input to calculated members - that includes journals.

Set up another custom hierarchy in which to put the calculation result for AccountA. The children of this hierarchy might be "RawCalc", "Adj" etc...
          When you calculate Account A, place the result into the RawCalc member, ie

HS.Exp "A#AccountA.C2#RawCalc......."

Now you can enter an amount into the "Adj" custom member for that account, for any required adjustments.

The total of RawCalc + Adj will roll up to the top member for that C2 hierarchy, for example C2#TotalCalc.

You can then use TotalCalc as your adjusted AccountA total.
          • 2. Re: How to make account available for Journals andcalculations
            Erich Ranz
            You might try changing the metadata so that Account A is not calculated. Then in the rules, write the calculation to run only on <entity currency> (or <entity curr adjs>, I'm a bit confused by the requirement).