This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 10:04 PM by bigdelboy RSS

One Classroom training after OCA

982176 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

i have cleared OCA(1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052) certifications. But for appearing in 1Z0-053, i need to attend one classroom traing at any prometric centre .

Can anyone suggest please whats the procedure to apply for this. Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks!
Yogesh
  • 1. Re: One Classroom training after OCA
    matthew_morris Expert
    But for appearing in 1Z0-053, i need to attend one classroom traing at any prometric centre .
    First -- taking training is not required before you take the 1Z0-053 exam. Oracle-approved training is required in order to meet the requirements for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional certification. That is a different thing. You can take the required training course before or after taking the 1Z0-053 exam and the training need not be specific to the exam. You will not get the OCP certification until you have taken an approved course and passed the test.

Second -- Prometric is where you take the tests. It is not necessarily (or normally) the place where you will attend training.
    Can anyone suggest please whats the procedure to apply for this
    You can see what courses will meet the requirement for the certification here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=244#4

You can find an Oracle-approved education center here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=317
  • 2. Re: One Classroom training after OCA
    bigdelboy Pro
    ... i need to attend one classroom traing at any prometric centre ...
    You need to take the tests at a certain Pearson VUE Centre's (not Prometric Centres) ... however some Pearson VUE Centres are also Prometric Centres.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points