This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 4:03 PM by $uresh RSS

adgrants_nt.sql: EBS R12.1.3: ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable

$uresh Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have successfully installed the EBS R12.1.1 Visio DB on Platform: Windows 2003 Server EE.
and when I tried to apply the "Oracle Applications DBA 12.1.3 Product Release Update Pack" to upgrade to 12.1.3.
following below steps. I am getting "ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable" error

C:\> set ORACLE_HOME=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0
C:\> set ORACLE_SID=VIS
C:\> sqlplus /nolog
SQL> @%ORACLE_HOME%\appsutil\admin\adgrants_nt.sql APPS
ERROR:
ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable

I have following keys exist in the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_db111_RDBMS\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_w3_TOOLS\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_w3_WEBOH\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3

Please suggest where I am going wrong? am i setting the right ORACLE_HOME?. I have seen other posts on Tns: protocal adapter not loadable error. Most of the places they are suggesting to delete the multiple Oracle_homes in the registry. But As i am running Oracle EBS App server and database server on same server dont know if i will currupt the registry if i delete the other oracle_homes. And not even sure which key i have to delete.?

Regards
Suresh
  • 1. Re: adgrants_nt.sql: EBS R12.1.3: ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user10876301 wrote:
    Hi,

I have successfully installed the EBS R12.1.1 Visio DB on Platform: Windows 2003 Server EE.
    and when I tried to apply the "Oracle Applications DBA 12.1.3 Product Release Update Pack" to upgrade to 12.1.3.
    following below steps. I am getting "ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable" error

C:\> set ORACLE_HOME=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0
    C:\> set ORACLE_SID=VIS
    C:\> sqlplus /nolog
    SQL> @%ORACLE_HOME%\appsutil\admin\adgrants_nt.sql APPS
    ERROR:
    ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable

I have following keys exist in the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_db111_RDBMS\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_w3_TOOLS\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_VIS_w3_WEBOH\ORACLE_HOME= c:\ora\VIS\apps\tech_st\10.1.3

Please suggest where I am going wrong? am i setting the right ORACLE_HOME?. I have seen other posts on Tns: protocal adapter not loadable error. Most of the places they are suggesting to delete the multiple Oracle_homes in the registry. But As i am running Oracle EBS App server and database server on same server dont know if i will currupt the registry if i delete the other oracle_homes. And not even sure which key i have to delete.?

Regards
    Suresh
    Please source the database env file under %ORACLE_HOME% directory (search for the env file under c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0 directory) instead of setting the above manually and run the same command/script then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: adgrants_nt.sql: EBS R12.1.3: ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable
    $uresh Newbie
    Hi Hussain thanks for quick response,

I found the following env file under "C:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0".

Env File: VIS_w3.env

--- Some content of the file

REM ##########################
    REM Set the variables required
    REM ##########################
    set ORACLE_HOME=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0
    set LOCAL=VIS
    set ORA_NLS10=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\nls\data\9idata
    set CONTEXT_FILE=C:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\VIS_w3.xml
    set CONTEXT_NAME=VIS_w3
    set TNS_ADMIN=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\network\admin\VIS_w3

REM ############################
    REM ##### Set Library Path #####
    REM ############################
    set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\lib

REM #################################################
    REM ##### Add perl to the PATH and set PERL5LIB #####
    REM #################################################
    for %%g in ("c:\ora\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\perl.exe") do (
    set PERLBIN=%%~dpg
    )
  • 3. Re: adgrants_nt.sql: EBS R12.1.3: ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Since you are on Windows, run the cmd file -- VIS_w3.cmd to set the env variables and try then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: adgrants_nt.sql: EBS R12.1.3: ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable
    $uresh Newbie
    Thats a gem. Worked perfectly. Sorry i am not a Dba. so bit not clever.

Regards
    Suresh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points