14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 3:11 AM by Navin K RSS

Oracle adf installation

Hi!

I recently downloaded oracle 11g. It installed fine. Today, I downloaded the oracle adf installation. Initially, i had problems with jdk/jre location. I went thru some docs and configured the setup.exe -jreLoc C:\program files(x86)\java\jdk1.7.0_10

The cmd prompt installation started. It made a check for swap size, display etc.. which was successful bt then an error msg popped sayin that "The Java runtime was not found at C:\program\binjavaw.exe Hence, the oracle installer cannot be run. Please visit javasoft.com etc etc..

I checked the C:\program files(x86)\java\jdk1.7.0_10 folder. It contains both jdk and jre folders with javaw.exe. I dont knw why the error exists. Please help.

Regards
        • 1. Re: Oracle adf installation
          Arunkumar Ramamoorthy-Oracle
          Hi,

Welcome to OTN.

Always mention your JDev version (11g is not the exact version as such) - Read through this announcement : https://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=56

It is because of the space in the JDK path.

Try with setup.exe -jreLoc "C:\program files(x86)\java\jdk1.7.0_10"

-Arun
          • 2. Re: Oracle adf installation
            Thanks! but i tried doing that..it just says the setup has stopped working and it asks to close the prog or check solution online..please help!
            • 3. Re: Oracle adf installation
              Arunkumar Ramamoorthy-Oracle
              Hi,

Have you tried running the executable without any parameters, and then select the JDK location when prompted?

-Arun
              • 4. Re: Oracle adf installation
                No. As soon as u click the set up it doesnt even ask..it jus pops the error msg.

Regards,
                Rao
                • 5. Re: Oracle adf installation
                  Timo Hahn
                  Try running it using JDK1.6 instead of JDK1.7.
                  Check your class path, if it contains the path to jre1.7 you should remove this path temporary.

Timo
                  • 6. Re: Oracle adf installation
                    As you suggested. I installed JDK 1.6 but that prob still persists. Please help.

Can you please tell me how to change the class path?
                    • 7. Re: Oracle adf installation
                      Thank you for the feedback.

I tried doing that but it says the setup has stopped working. It works fine with out the double quotes. The installer starts. It checks for swap size, display etc..and the it says please wait and then an error msg pops saying C:/program\bin\javaw.exe was not found. hence the oracle universal installer cannot be run.

Please visit www.javasoft.com etc etc...

Please help!
                      • 8. Re: Oracle adf installation
                        Hi 979253

Try installing java in different location (say C:\java ) which should not contain spaces.
                        Your problem is because of the space between Program and Files in C:\program files(x86)\java

Please let me know if you are still getting any error.

Thank
                        --Navin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
                        • 9. Re: Oracle adf installation
                          Hi! I installed the JDK 1.6 in C:\Java. It gives the same error.

On a separate note, I was looking at things online.

Is it compulsory to install Weblogic server and ADR before installing ADF??

Regards,
                          • 10. Re: Oracle adf installation
                            Hi! i got it..thank you..but now it asks for more..

it says please specify jre/jdk location

I entered the same thing...it now says Could not find main class: reLoc . program will exit.

please help!
                            • 11. Re: Oracle adf installation
                              Hi 979253 ,

Can you please reply with the full error message " Could not find main class:............."

Meanwhile go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs, chances are pretty good you will see multiple versions of Java(TM).
                              Older versions ( ex: v5, v6, v7) do not play well with latest update. Remove older versions and then try to proceed further.

or

change the .jar file association to new java installation (C:/Java.....)
                              In Windows 7 you can change it from Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations change the associated program for .jar file and then try.

Thanks
                              --Navin

Edited by: Navin K on Jan 2, 2013 2:42 PM
                              • 12. Re: Oracle adf installation
                                Navin K
                                Hi 979253

Have you tried that ? Is it working now?

--Navin                                                                                                                                                                                               
                                • 13. Re: Oracle adf installation
                                  Hi! I tried a lot of combinations and i got it! A million thank u's!!!!

Regards,
                                  Rao
                                  • 14. Re: Oracle adf installation
                                    Navin K
                                    Hi 979253,

When your queries are answered its always better to post the solution as well so that other people can get some help out of it.

Also mark the answer as correct or helpful accordingly.

Thanks
                                    --Navin