This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 8:23 AM by sb92075 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ORA-12505 TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect desc
    sb92075 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Ranjan-Oracle wrote:
    Hi ,

I am trying to create a new database using Database Configuration Assistant. At last its throughing Unable to resolve TNS Service name.
    I understand that there should be a TNS entry in tnsnames.ora but i dont see an entry created automatically by this assistant tool for specified SID

I was trying to create a sandbox database with sandbox.home as global database name and sandbox as SID. I dont see entry for this in tnsnames.ora
    Also i am unable to edit this file adding the TNS entry. Its keep saying see if other application is using this file. Even if i stop the services and try editing, iam unable to edit.

What could be the possible reason.

Thanks,
    Ranjan
    Windows prevents second session from changing any file if/when some other session has that file open.
    A complete system reboot should free up the existing logjam.
  • 16. Re: ORA-12505 TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect desc
    EdStevens Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Ranjan-Oracle wrote:
    Hi ,

I am trying to create a new database using Database Configuration Assistant. At last its throughing Unable to resolve TNS Service name.
    I understand that there should be a TNS entry in tnsnames.ora but i dont see an entry created automatically by this assistant tool for specified SID

I was trying to create a sandbox database with sandbox.home as global database name and sandbox as SID. I dont see entry for this in tnsnames.ora
    Also i am unable to edit this file adding the TNS entry. Its keep saying see if other application is using this file. Even if i stop the services and try editing, iam unable to edit.

What could be the possible reason.

Thanks,
    Ranjan
    Please do not hijack other threads.
    Please read the forum FAQ. The link is in the upper right corner of this very page.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points