1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 12:41 PM by sb92075 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
        EdStevens
        sb92075 wrote:
        EdStevens wrote:

The usual reason for your reported error when doing a local connection on windows is that the Windows service for that database is not running.
        or ORACLE_SID is wrong or something else is mis-configured
        Yep. I meant to mention ORACLE_SID. In my experience, the lack of a running Windows service and the incorrect ORACLE_SID account for the vast majority of instances of the reported error. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever personally seen something that would fall under "something else", though I'm sure there are some.
        • 16. Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
          sb92075
          EdStevens wrote:
          sb92075 wrote:
          EdStevens wrote:

The usual reason for your reported error when doing a local connection on windows is that the Windows service for that database is not running.
          or ORACLE_SID is wrong or something else is mis-configured
          Yep. I meant to mention ORACLE_SID. In my experience, the lack of a running Windows service and the incorrect ORACLE_SID account for the vast majority of instances of the reported error. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever personally seen something that would fall under "something else", though I'm sure there are some.
          IIRC, can occur when hostname is "wrong"; does not resolve.
          1 2 Previous Next