5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2013 3:39 PM by NirabhNayan

can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order

hi all,

can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order. i have done automation for bpa. can anyone help me in setting up automatic sourcing for spo.

thanks.
        • 1. Re: can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order
          Subhashini
          Hi,

Could not understand your question.
          Do you want to default the source document (Global BPA/ Quotation) while creating Standard PO ?
          If so, Please review the note Vision Demo - How To Automatically Source Backing Documents to Requisitions and Purchase Orders (Doc ID 1102873.1)

If not, please elobrate your requirement.

Thanks,
          Subhashini
          • 2. Re: can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order
            thank you for the reply subhashini. i have gone through the documents and they are very helpfull to me.

bu here my client requirement is that.. for back to back and drop ship sales orders, requision and spo should be created automatically, there should not be any intervention of manual process. here my client is not using any quote process. i could set up automatic sourcing through the ASL atribute form for bpa and i have idea on cpa and quote. based on the list price requision and spo should be created to full fill the back to back and drop ship orders. whether this function is available in standard or shall i go for customization?

if we can set up in standard your help is very much appreciated.

thanks
            • 3. Re: can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order
              Mahendra
              see if these help

R12 How To Automatically Generate And Approve PO Or Releases From Requisitions [ID 1484058.1]
              How to Create and Approve a Standard PO Automatically From an Approved Requisition Sourced to Standard Quotations [ID 308470.1]

you have to tweak you workflow attributes to make std po generated automatically once you approve the req

Mahendra
              • 4. Re: can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order
                Subhashini
                Hi,

In order to create a Standard PO from requisition automatically, Requisition should be sourced to Contract Purchase agreement / Quotation / Global BPA.
                Please create ASL, Sourcing Rule and Assign the sourcing rule in Assignment Set.
                Also Set the Profile option "PO: Automatic Document Sourcing"

Refer the note
                Automatically Create PO's from Drop Ship Requisition (Doc ID 835412.1)
                How to Create an Automatic Standard Purchase order for an Approved Purchase Requisition Sourced to a Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA) (Doc ID 334601.1)

Thanks,
                Subhashini
                • 5. Re: can we setup automatic sourcing for standard purchase order
                  NirabhNayan
                  Dear

Under standard condition, you will have to tie your Requisition to a Quote or CPA for the SPOs. In case, the same is not in scope, then get the data from Requiisition to be populated to interface table and from there use PDOI for the PO release. We have standard interface for the same, which can be easily serached on metalink. Hope this helps.

With Best Regards,
                  Nirabh Nayan